The Sr Database Administrator will develop and maintain the data systems that power our next generation cloud and mobile enterprise products. These products traverse both B2B and B2C and help power the processing of tens of millions of online golf rounds per year. This is a high visibility and mission critical role, with the potential to impact the organization's ability to efficiently manage, transform and understand large volumes of online data. The role will involve collaboration across multiple teams to deliver strategic projects and ensure operational excellence in data and responsibilities will include;
• Developing, implementing and maintaining high-performance database systems using Microsoft SQL Server and other open source technologies such as MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
• Ensuring systems meet a high standard for quality of service by proactively monitoring and tuning systems.
• Ensuring systems meet a high level of availability as measured by organization SLAs including preparedness for business continuity and disaster recovery scenarios.
• Assist with planning for database and server migrations, upgrades and enhancements.
• Assist with team priorities and planning for strategic and tactical initiatives
• Developing SQL scripts and objects to support application functionality and performance.
• Functioning as a subject matter expert to other application and database developer groups providing guidance for query optimization, data modelling and data platform architecture.
• Ensuring systems meet required standards for PCI and other organization compliance and security guidelines.
• 7+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience with Always-On, Log Shipping, Transactional Replication, backup and recovery strategy
• Understanding of Execution Plans, query hints, index tuning, Profiler, Extended Events
• Understanding of DDL and DML T-SQL development
• Experience with Windows PowerShell
• Experience in administration of high-availability transactional database environments
• Experience in writing SQL scripts and queries to troubleshoot and resolve performance issues
• Experience with monitoring tools in a production environment- Idera, Redgate, Application Dynamics, Solarwinds, etc.
• Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation for production support which includes overnight and weekends outside of normal working hours.
The successful candidate will have the drive to work in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to;
• Communicate with other technical and non-technical users.
• Work in a collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrate generosity in knowledge sharing and proactivity in learning and development of self and colleagues.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnjmo-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.