The Senior Research Analyst at USG is responsible for bringing consumer, media and technology intelligence to the company thru managing information sets, data processing, and custom data runs conducted by the Research & Insights department. Also responsible for tracking and analyzing the performance of USG content across the media landscape for both regular and ad hoc reporting. Additionally, contribute to trends and consumer landscape projects.
• Manage the database programming and processing of proprietary USG Research tools
• Collaborate with Research Managers, 3rd party vendors and IT to develop, execute and report data-driven insights
• Create and modify charts and presentations in MS PowerPoint
• Ensure data quality for new and historical surveys
• Maintain and further develop proprietary database systems
• Produce social media reports on USG and competitive programming
• Contribute to trends or consumer landscape studies as needed
• Work with other team members on their projects when needed
• Write cogent analysis for memos and presentations
• Manage data tagging and naming conventions for internal systems for optimal reporting & analysis
• Help craft resonant and insightful presentations from raw data and assist with handling of senior management research requests
• Provide analysis/highlights to the businesses on daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis as needed for NBCU leadership
• Occasionally present work and contribute in discussions and business decision makers
• Stay current on developments in the media industry and share thoughts on impact
• Bachelor's Degree
• Consumer research or technology /database management experience
• Advanced experience with MS Office products
• Expertise with Microsoft Excel, familiarity with macros/VBA
• Good experience with SPSS Products
• Familiarity with social media listening tools
• Market Research experience
• Superior strategic and analytical skills
• Strong business ethics
• Comfort in drawing sound, analytically based conclusions, even when faced with imperfect information and uncertainty
• Refined communication skills, both written and oral; ability to communicate complex concepts in simple, brief manner
• Cutting edge mindset for digital technologies
• Passion for TV past, present and future
• Advanced Statistics training
• Experience with reporting applications such as Business Objects
• Experience with Tableau
• Enthusiasm for solving problems
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r70v6q-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.