NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you'll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn't stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We're always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we're backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
Meet Our Team:
Peacock Viewing Product lives and breathes design excellence. We're a cross-functional team of product managers, UX researchers, UX designers, product engineers, and data scientists. Our work is central to our mission to deliver a future-focused user experience across a best-in-class streaming platform. Together, we're focused on getting customers to content they love, faster and easier.
What We're Looking For
We're seeking a Senior Product Designer to help help develop tools and workflows to support the internal programing needs of the platform. You'll work cross functionally with our engineering and editorial teams to ensure our the platform is as efficient to operate as it is to consume. A key member of the Product design team, you'll champion craft and consistently advocate for user needs throughout your process.
What You'll Do:
• Support the creation and maintenance of Content Management Systems, Image Management, Metadata/Taxonomy Management.
• Deliver pixel perfect mockups and design user-centric flows for our consumer experience across multiple platforms.
• Partner with cross functional peers to launch projects while enforcing a high bar for quality and craft through implementation.
• Identify the unique nuances of the audience utilizing to the tools.
• Embrace a human-centered, data-driven design process, and collaborate with user research to explore new possibilities and develop test plans.
• Serve as a mentor and coach to junior designers.
• Maintain a critical eye and obsessive attention to detail.
Who You Are:
• A systems thinker. Adept at automating systems and processes through sustainable, scalable design patterns, libraries, and tools.
• Passionate about world-class UX, complex storytelling, interactive entertainment, and features that have the power to enrich the lives of millions.
• A strong communicator and collaborator, able to build relationships with other teams and rally people towards a common goal.
• Curious, empathetic, driven, reliable, confident in your skills, and ready to soar. Without an ego.
• Able to fully utilize our design system and UI components, expanding the system to fit non-English languages.
• Strong portfolio of solid web and mobile experiences that clearly map your process and articulate your design decisions.
• Degree in design, computer science, human factors, or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of relevant experience in product design.
• Expert critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Demonstrable fluency with Figma, Sketch, or Illustrator along with a leading prototyping program such as Protopie, Framer, Origami, or Principle.
• A strong understanding of interaction design principles.
• Deep knowledge of cross-platform usability standards and UI specifications.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills. A talent for making data-driven decisions that power action plans and improve workflow velocity.
• Excellent collaboration skills and experience partnering cross-functionally (product, engineering, marketing, brand, legal, and other teams).
Nice to Have:
• Experience designing CMS or internal tools for other products.
• Ability to operate independently and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
• Understanding of platforms like Roku, Fire TV, Samsung, Apple TV, X1, etc.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7o7w-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.