Sr. Manager, Revenue and Technical Accounting
Universal City, CA
Universal Studio Group is hiring a Senior Manager, Production Finance FP&A to enhance our robust UTV studio team who will manage the FP&A activities relating to cash flow for Television Production, including all cash flow related to producing content for Universal Television Studios, Universal Content Studios, Universal Television Alternative Studios and First Run Syndication Productions. This role will work directly with Production, Development, Controllership, Residuals, Participations and Tax departments within NBCU.
We are seeking a high-performing, motivated, conscientious professional who exhibits strong analytical, written and oral communication skills. The successful candidate should be exceptional at prioritizing work, setting expectations and communicating to stakeholders. You love telling a story with data and creating actionable insights and are a strategic thinker. He/she will partner with other leaders in the Production Finance team to ensure knowledge sharing, transparency and help in setting reporting standards. Our goal is to connect the dots between data and financial results to drive production decision support.
This role will report to the SVP, Production Finance of Universal Studio Group.
• Manage reporting of cash flow for multi-year strategic and annual operating plans, quarterly closes and re-forecasts throughout the calendar year for Television Production including spend for production, development, participations, residuals as well as original license fee and tax credit collections.
• Implementation of process improvement initiatives for areas including cost reporting, wrap accounting, billing and tax credits.
• Liaise with Physical Production to ensure accurate and timely reporting of production costs and volume within the Studio FP&A Ultimate models.
• Manage production cost and tax credit ultimates.
• Work with Production Executives and Production Finance Executives on weekly cost estimates for existing series and new series recently greenlighted.
• Oversight of data warehouse and other Production Finance technology initiatives in collaboration with the IT group.
• Develop a strong working relationship with business partners and a deep understanding of their key business metrics, levers, strategy and goals.
• Automate reporting within the organization, helping teams self-serve data, create visualizations, and dashboard actionable KPIs.
• Oversee weekly cash flow reporting to NBCU Treasury.
• Responsible for the creation of all planning and forecasting presentations to corporate executives and for developing and creating internal management metrics.
• Identify cash initiatives strategies both short term and long term. Proactively identify and surface financial issues and opportunities.
• Liaise with collections, accounting and finance teams across the world to ensure reporting efficiency and accuracy.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, including forecasting and budgeting experience
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Excellent technical and analytical skills
• MBA and/or CPA preferred
• Previous work experience in a Television or Media company
• Experience with ERP systems such as SAP
• Experience in developing and reporting business performance metrics
• Advanced Excel skills
• Advanced PowerPoint skills, including ability to "tell a story" using PowerPoint
• Experience working with globally outsourced finance teams, and ability to work across global boundaries, including language and time zone complications
• Possess the confidence, presence, and communication skills to interact and present to senior management and high-level executives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and be effective and decisive under pressure
• Adaptability and flexibility to work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented and rapidly changing environment
• Team player with interpersonal ability to work with others and collaborate to achieve goals
• Able to build strong working partnerships along with the ability to listen, understand and influence
• Controllership mindset