The Sr. Manager AP Operations Support will serve as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) to manage escalations and expectations from the business stakeholders. This person will also oversee the day to day operations by working closely with both the onshore and offshore team in an outsourced environment; This role has a high visibility throughout the Finance organization and will need to cultivate strong cross-functional partnerships across the company.
This role will work closely with the AP Global Process Owner (GPO) to operationalize new processes as a result of the Global AP transformation project.
• Serve as the Single Point of Contact to manage business escalations by providing timely resolutions via root cause analysis
• Manage all aspects of the Accounts Payable function including vendor relations, vendor master data maintenance, invoice processing, disbursements, vendor reconciliations, aged AP items, PCard and vPay process
• Work closely with BPO provider in monitoring service delivery via a robust governance process supported by metrics and KPI; identify issues and opportunities to improve the process
• Provide guidance to both the onshore & offshore team in a fast-paced high-volume global environment
• Work with Income Reporting, Corp. Tax and offshore team to manage VAT, 1099, 1042-S, 592-B filing and state withholding process
• Assist business functions to ensure a clear understanding of AP processes and procedures.
• Collaborate with Sourcing & Procurement to resolve issues related to PO invoices
• Work closely with Treasury to resolve disbursement issues
• Review monthly metrics with business stakeholders, to improve processes and to resolve issues. Proactively identifying existing challenges and opportunities to improve the voice of customer
• Manage a governance process to evaluate process localization and customization requests
• Ensure process compliance at both the business and at the operation levels; establish reports to monitor and to address non-standard activities
• Identifying areas of control risk. Assist in designing and recommending mitigating control procedures
• Overseeing all applicable SOX documentation, compliance and providing audit support to both internal and external auditors.
• Assist with new business integration & system migration, such as developing project plans and training materials, performing system testing, and providing end user training and support
• Proactively monitor and anticipate changing business, regulatory, and financial requirements, processes and practice
• Develop, coach, and manage staff into mature financial advisors with a customer service orientation toward the dependent BPO and business stakeholders
• Champion process efficiencies, develop procedures and guidelines to help align work by both on & offshore teams, to support the strategic goals of the department and the company, and to drive efficiencies in the organization
• Manage and coordinate with IT on processes, relationships, and resources for:
• troubleshooting, issue-resolution, and escalation for process and systems issues, including assignment and prioritization of trouble tickets and change requests
• system upgrades, new releases, testing, change management, and communication to end-users
• Perform analysis, prepare metrics, propose solution based on data extracted from AP systems
• Ensure adequate process documentation and training materials are developed and maintained by both the on-shore and the off-shore delivery team; perform periodic review and updates.
• Provide end user education and training
• Perform special assignments and/or projects as needed.
• Minimum 8 years of accounts payable experience (in a large global matrixed organization preferred).
• 3 + years of leadership experience supporting businesses and teams across multiple time zones
• 3 + years of Income Reporting and State Withholding filing experience
• 3 + years' experience working with SAP (preferred) and familiarity with Procurement & A/P systems and interfaces
• Working knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to prepaid assets and accrued liabilities preferred
• Entertainment industry preferred
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
• CPA or equivalent accounting qualification highly preferred
• Proven track record of driving global process simplification and transformation programs
• Executive presence, ability to interact with executives at high levels to resolve issues or effect changes
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of management and vendors
• Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe given
• Overall end-to-end knowledge in the procure-to-pay process and accounting in an enterprise-wide business resource system
• In depth knowledge in domestic & international regulatory and compliance laws required
• Solid knowledge in VAT, foreign currency and exchange as it relates to the procure-to-pay cycle
• Demonstrated ability to lead in an ever-changing environment and the ability to adapt accordingly
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proficient in Excel.
• Thorough understanding of accounting controls, with deep experience in procurement, vendor master, invoice processing, payment & disbursement, tax reporting, regulatory, treasury, foreign currency & exchange and compliance in a global environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1500-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.