Job Description Overview:
The Senior Financial Analyst, Pricing & Strategy, will play a central role building value for the NBCUniversal (NBCU) portfolio of network assets by contributing to the development of pricing, strategy and analysis to support its Content Distribution deals. This individual will support a Sr. Director of Pricing & Strategy of the Content Distribution group in creating the economic framework and analyses in growing revenue and negotiating contracts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Maintain keen awareness of cable industry dynamics to provide macro points of view and the creative/critical thinking required to formulate positions, create complex economic and pricing models and conduct timely deal analysis.
• Identify contract risks and opportunities and ensure deal economics are consistent with NBCU strategy.
• Build robust, flexible pricing models to support multi-channel video programming distributor (MVPD) and over-the-top (OTT) distribution strategies and deals.
• Contribute to the evaluation of rights and ability to monetize. Assist in the presentation of strategic and financial plans to the distribution sales team to inform decision making.
• Support other network initiatives, which may include strategic planning, valuations, long-rang plan (LRP) development, content acquisition analysis, and other ad hoc projects.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 2+ years of experience in financial analysis and modeling for a content deal team, strategy or business development group, highly desired. Knowledge of the cable/entertainment industry a must.
• Demonstrated analytical strength and process mindset; ability to identify creative solutions and isolate key issues quickly.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to clearly articulate rationale and support for positions and results.
• Strong interpersonal skills; works collaboratively with a diverse team.
• Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Willingness to work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Quick-minded individual who is intellectually curious and thrives on diving into complex issues; develops and articulates well-supported opinions along with thorough analysis.
• Deep interest in the rapidly changing industry, staying apprised of developments and their impact. Operates well in a fast paced, dynamic environment; flexible and adapts easily to rapid change.
• Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong work ethic and client service mentality - available and responsive.
• Enthusiasm to work in Sports and Entertainment Industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk8eq-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.