Manager, Strategy and Business Development
Universal City, CA
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Responsibilities Job Purpose:
The Senior Financial Analyst will play an integral role in managing financial operations & analytics for the growing Digital business. This role falls within the operational finance division of the newly formed Television & Streaming: Entertainment business unit. Digital is a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology team that builds best in class digital products with the unique benefits of high profile, recognized content and the backing of a world leading media company. This individual will support financial analysis for all of the Entertainment brands, including NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, USA, Syfy, and UniKids and reports to the Senior Director of Finance.
As a key contributor & highly trusted member of a team of 3, you will support the reporting of multi-platform revenue and managing investments within the technology, creative, data and business development teams. Core responsibilities include supporting day to day financial operations, reporting variances, leading projects, and acting as a finance resource for the Digital operators.
• Build new financial reporting processes to support planning, forecasting, budgeting, and consolidation of the Digital P&L
• Manage monthly closes & related day to day activities for digital budgets (e.g. accruals, general ledger reconciliations/queries, invoices/SOWs, executive reporting, reclasses, etc.).
• Create effective operational business partnerships to monitor financials & help develop solutions for any issues or concerns.
• Collect & analyze show performance data across multiple metrics to support close, scenario analysis & show greenlights.
• Constantly evaluate and implement ways to drive automation, standardization and simplification across all areas.
• Participate in key NBCUniversal projects & initiatives such as driving Digital growth & cost efficiencies with Peacock.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
• 2+ years of progressive experience in Accounting and/or Finance.
• Advanced user of excel with track record of complex model building, e.g. pivot tables, V look-ups, SUM Ifs.
• General ledger experience and knowledge of GAAP.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite products - particularly Excel & Powerpoint.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
• Willingness to work in Universal City, CA, New York, NY or remote during pandemic
• Willingness to submit to a background investigation.
• Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Entertainment/Digital/Streaming experience strongly desired.
• Solid systems & data management skills; experience in SAP/BPC a plus.
• Extremely detail–oriented
• Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills; ability to provide solutions that address the issues/concerns.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Solid critical thinking, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ownership abilities, willingly takes initiative and is self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision.
• Thrives in a cross-functional team environment & willingness to partner/support others to achieve goals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in order to liaise with various professionals at all levels of the organization.
• Possesses high level of personal & professional integrity.