Manager Finance, Capital
Universal City, CA
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
A successful candidate will be a key part of the Workforce Planning and Analysis team within the Universal Studios Hollywood Finance organization. They will have broad visibility and exposure to all departments of the park and to senior leadership as part of this important business priority. Specifically, the role will own the Labor Forecasting (roster/hiring planning) process and bring data analysis and reporting capability broadly to operations management and to the Labor Support team. When successful, these contributions will help deliver the key USH business objectives of driving employee satisfaction, through optimizing labor utilization, scheduling consistency, new hire training, and hiring targets.
• Owner of hiring plans for USH. Works with Industrial Engineering, Theme Park departments, HR Staffing and Learning & Organizational Development teams to understand and model business labor needs, budget, and corresponding hiring targets for all departments and for all seasons
• Analyze current and desired state to help set targets by hiring department and gain alignment to the recommended plan
• Partner with HR hiring team to execute and be accountable to the plan within their hiring timing and capacity constraints
• Thoroughly understand the drivers of Team Member utilization, quantify/measure them and then identify and execute initiatives to increase utilization and therefore reduce hiring
• Support the labor schedulers to operationally execute the initiatives and strategies behind utilization, including reporting, tools and other support
Analytics and Reporting
• Help identify the key performance indicators for WP&A across all groups and build corresponding analysis/reporting
• Analyze past and current performance to provide a baseline for schedule quality and collaborate with department leadership to define future improvement goals
• Leverage systems and available data to create and manage real-time tracking and evaluation of weekly schedules to enable labor utilization and consistency improvement targets
• Identify and recommend key steps to improve performance, based on data analytics
• Bachelor's degree in business/accounting/finance or related field with 3 plus years Finance experience with progression.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcuni.careers.com to be considered.
• Willing to work in Universal City and work overtime, and/or on weekends with short notice
• Willing to submit to a background investigation and have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $70,000 - $85,000
• Strong problem-solving and project management skills
• Excellent analytical abilities are required, including advanced Excel skills
• SAP and/or Microstrategy knowledge a plus
• Interpersonal and leadership capability with ability to influence diverse/cross-functional teams
• Problem solver and project manager with the ability to prioritize and lead a process to meet required objectives
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxj8wj-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.