The Senior Financial Analyst participates in the day-to-day operations of the Sports FP&A team and will assist in a wide range of accounting, finance and consolidation matters for the Sports Group. It is a key position on the NBC Sports FP&A team and interfaces with multiple operators and teams internally within the Sports Group as well as within various NBCU finance teams. This role will partner closely with the NBC Sports Bet team to help drive revenue growth and manage expenses within the rapidly growing Betting & Gaming organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reporting to the Manager, FP&A, this role is responsible for planning and reporting consolidated financial results for all divisions of Sports including NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, Sunday Night Football, and the SportsNext businesses – Golf Now, Sports Engine and NBC Sports Bet.
• Assist in scheduling/planning all financial processes (close, estimates, and budget) across Sports' finance teams and key operational partners including maintaining the FP&A calendar
• Work directly with operators to provide FP&A support for Sports HQ and Betting Departments; Partner and communicate regularly with internal departments to develop and adhere to annual budgets and forecasting processes
• Assist with the reporting and management of our Sports Betting partnerships and the associated revenue that is delivered across several Comcast NBCU media vehicles
• Support Manager, FP&A in preparing all TV&S and Corporate FP&A data request submissions on behalf of Sports division, gathering and consolidating information from various sources
• Key contributor to the quarter close process
• Prepare and provide quarterly and ad hoc financial analyses to Sports Group and Corporate management teams
• System Administrator for Sports budgeting tool (BPC)
• Assist in the roll-up and analysis of Sports HQ and Betting Budgets, Long Range Plans, & Estimates
• Assist in the monthly and quarterly close process for NBC Sports HQ & Betting including posting close journal entries, monitoring and validating balances, preparing account reconciliations and investigating variances to prior period
• Partner with Controllership team on key processes and financial initiatives
• Preferred: previous experience in a media company
• Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
• Knowledge and working experience using SAP, or similar accounting software
• Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Minimum two (2) years finance, accounting / audit experience
• Experience with general ledger and financial budgeting/pacing models
• Proficient with PowerPoint and Excel
Additional Job Requirements
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g40wyq-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.