Senior Manager, Programming Accounting
New York, NY
Reporting directly to the SVP, Group Financial Controller, the Risk & Compliance Leader will be responsible for the design, establishment and management of a robust risk and compliance framework for the Global Finance Operations (GFO) teams on and offshore. The framework should ensure that all enterprise wide accounting compliance programs, processes and technologies are consistent with NBCUniversal's policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations. Our GFO model today encompasses three service towers; Accounts Payable, Order to Cash and Record to Report and has ~30FTE NBCU team members supported by ~300FTE in offshore locations. Services are provided to a wide range of business groups in a large number of countries.
• Design a risk, compliance and control framework which includes the identification of risks, appropriate controls, and ensures that robust monitoring & reporting is in place.
• Ensure that the risk, compliance and control framework meets all internal and external requirements and is tested regularly against external best practice.
• Establish efficient and effective governance structures internal to NBCU and with with external partners which has regular cadence, clear accountabilities and is focused on ongoing improvements and reducing risk and control gaps.
• Work with the GFO team and third party partners to establish a quality mindset from the outset, ensuring that goals, objectives and SLA's reflect Risk and Compliance deliverables.
• Responsible for establishing annual cycles, agenda for and Chairing all routine and exceptional Risk and Compliance governance forums
• Support the operational teams and third party partners to successfully meet internal and external audit requirements, providing effective training, education, peer review and expert advice as required.
Policies & Procedures:
• Ensure that the risk, compliance and control framework is updated to reflect external regulatory and fiscal changes as well as internal policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain accurate operational procedures
• Establish relationships and appropriate cadence with key stakeholders to include but not limited to Enterprise finance compliance teams, external and internal audit groups, company wide legal compliance groups as well as IT, Cyber and Sourcing stakeholder groups as required.
• Set risk, compliance and control performance targets and Service Level Agreement thresholds
• In partnership with the GFO Service Delivery Leads, Global Process Owners and the Financial Systems Strategy Group establish an appropriate risk, control and compliance approach which is robust but is adaptable to new technologies and use of RPA internally and provided by third party partners.
• Minimum 10 years work experience preferably inclusive of a minimum of 7 years of internal/external audit
• Track record of implementing robust risk, compliance and control frameworks in complex, global organisations
• Experience of working in a shared service environment, ideally with offshore third partners and involving technology & automation
• Project management skillset
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and ERP systems
• Sarbanes-Oxley experience
• Entertainment industry preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of management and customers
• Ability to drive change and influence within a matrixed and decentralized operating model
• Ability to lead a remote function or team
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills