Manager, TV Cost Financial Systems and Master Data
Universal City, CA
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. Universal Pictures International is the international film division of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, operating across 80+ territories.
The UPI Finance team play a key role in supporting the UPI SMT. It oversees a complex, multinational network of owned operating companies, licensees and JV's. The team will partner closely with other HQ functions, all UPI operating companies and corporate groups based in London and Amsterdam.
The finance team is committed to fostering development and engagement with all team members, and to supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture.
Planned job responsibilities are as follows but there may be some change as the team works through the optimal set up -
• Manage the forecasting, planning & analysis of theatrical business streams for both OCF and FCF
• Contribute to the weekly title reporting pack sent to executives
• Develop a strong working relationship with Studio based finance team
• Manage, alongside Controllership VP, the monthly and quarterly close processes for the international theatrical business including preparing & booking significant revenue and adpub accruals
• Identifying efficiencies & enhancements to current processes following change to a monthly close including gaining an expertise on a number of theatrical specific systems
• Building & running the theatrical budgeting process, delivering exec presentations & analysis whilst maintaining a critical & detailed focus on the financials
• Play a key role in process improvement and build out of a team
• 8+ years of professional experience in accounting, finance, or related field
• Bachelor's Degree required preferably in Finance or Accounting.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to work extended hours as needed
• Analytical mindset with expertise in leveraging financial data and other KPI's to drive growth.
• Ability to work across multiple functions and drive change.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to present to Senior Executives.
• MBA and or CPA highly preferred.
• Proven leadership skills and prior experience managing a team
• Excellent technical and analytical skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7kj0-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.