Associate Social Media Producer
Universal City, CA
About the Role
This role will report to the Vice President, Production Talent & Partnerships for Global Talent Development & Inclusion (GTDI). This is a pivotal role in which the candidate will contribute in the building and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) practices across the NBCUniversal portfolio, in a fast-paced, rapidly growing department. The candidate will develop, launch and maintain film programs and initiatives designed to increase representation amongst non-creative production talent including below-the-line and post-production such as composers. Internal partnerships include NBCU's Corporate Social Responsibility, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) as well as working closely with Human Resources both within our businesses and at the NBCU corporate level focusing on both our culture and attracting marginalized talent to the Company. Some of GTDI's external sponsoring partnerships include groups such as Ghetto Film School, Easterseals, ReelAbilities, the National Association of Latino Independent Producers, the African American Black Film Festival, the Coalition of Asian Pacifics in Entertainment and the Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media. Production Talent & Partnerships also works closely with advocacy groups such as GLAAD, the National Hispanic Media Coalition, the Muslim Public Affairs Council and RespectAbility.
First established in 2017 as a groundbreaking diversity and inclusion department for the feature film industry by Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman Donna Langley, business-led GTDI expanded its purview in 2020 to add television and streaming which includes the Universal Studio Group led by Chairman Pearlena Igbokwe, as well as the Entertainment Group led by Chairmen Susan Rovner and Frances Berwick. Building upon NBCUniversal's commitment to diversify the landscape of our industry by creating access and opportunities for underrepresented talent at all levels of production and within NBCU's work culture, GTDI partners with businesses across NBCU including Production, Human Resources, Corporate Communications, Corporate Diversity, Corporate Social Responsibility, Legal and Labor Relations.
• Develop, launch and lead ongoing execution of film programs and initiatives such as, but not limited to: the NBCUniversal Composers Initiative; below-the-line traineeships; a producers initiative targeting pipeline talent for Unit Production Manager and Line Producer careers; and the NBCUniversal All Access customizable outreach effort.
• Deepen relationships and collaborate on DEI initiatives with external partners.
• Participate and engage in internal DEI and work culture initiatives.
• Prepare and participate in presentations and panel discussions to amplify GTDI programs and initiatives.
• Contribute and help the team maintain databases and tracking systems for production talent.
• Minimum 7 years industry experience – film, TV, streaming, agency, studio, production company, etc.
• Minimum 5 years of people management experience.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Knowledge and familiarity with Universal Studios Group, Entertainment and Universal Filmed Entertainment Group content.
• Film and/or TV production experience.
• Knowledge of the film and TV studio system and key players in the industry.
• Familiarity and relationships with talent, production and workforce.
• Familiarity working with non-profit (401c) organizations.
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships and successfully interact with NBCU senior leadership and staff at all levels.
• Ability to adapt, problem solve and anticipate potential needs in a very fast-paced environment while managing a heavy workload.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and advanced PowerPoint as well as Adobe Photoshop.
• Must be available to work extended hours and/or travel if needed
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• A self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive and desire to create from the ground up in a fast-paced and results-driven team.
• Possesses a collaborative team-player mentality and able to bring together cross-functional teams to drive business outcomes.
• Adept at multi-tasking, effectively prioritizing work assignments, and demonstrating a sense of urgency when needed.
• Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and creativity to excel in a continuously evolving department.
• Highly detail-oriented, paying meticulous attention to multiple tasks.
• An understanding and passion for DEI best practices, creating solutions to drive results and change within the studio ecosystem.
• Strong analytical skills and comfort working with numerical data and performing data analysis and reporting.
• Proactive and resourceful problem-solver with ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Interest in industry developments/trends and company news as it relates both DEI, production and talent within film & TV.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0w266-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.