NBCUniversal is looking for a highly talented Senior Director, Audience Development to join the NBC Marketing Audience Acquisition & Growth team. This team is responsible for consumer engagement, audience growth, business intelligence, marketing data and analytics, content marketing, and digital product development for NBC Entertainment and Sports.
The Senior Director, Audience Development will identify, nurture and grow high value audiences for our distribution and activation channels, products and platforms. This includes the development of a comprehensive audience growth roadmap to support priority programming and digital products across organic, paid, search, CRM, 3 rd party and emerging channels. Using data, analytics and test results, they will deliver actionable insights to digital and marketing leads that lead to increases in marketing efficiency and addressable audience size. A thorough understanding of digital media, television and streaming businesses will be required in order to synthesize audience campaigns in a way that moves the entire business forward. And the ability to leverage multiple and complex behavioral and audience data sets will be vital to success in this role.
The Senior Director, Audience Development will be responsible for managing, growing and nurturing a team of highly talented contributors and for fostering a culture of teamwork, collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
Other primary responsibilities include:
• Development of a mobile marketing roadmap and testing strategy for NBC Entertainment TV and streaming products
• Optimizing zero-party and first-party data strategies to drive personalization, media efficiency and audience insights
• Providing strategic insights that drive growth in addressable audiences across devices, identity products, and direct-to-consumer platforms
• Leveraging enterprise data products and platforms, 3 rd party data sets, resolved identity data, and partner data to maximize audience size, efficiency and performance
• Establishing clear and measurable attribution methodologies that track engagement and value of multiple conversion events (video engagement, downloads, subscriptions, purchases, etc.)
• Hire, onboard and develop an experienced and diverse team of exceptional talent
• Identify, size and deliver audiences for marketing campaigns across paid, organic, CRM, social and internal promotional channels
• Develop testing roadmap for paid media audiences and audience-related web and attribution products
• Management of audience growth priorities across different parts of the business; editorial, linear TV, streaming, enterprise events and digital revenue
• Audience growth strategy for priority consumer events like BravoCon, CrimeCon and ComicCon
• Work closely with product and editorial teams to identify strategic content and feature opportunities to drive higher reach, engagement and conversion
• Collaborate with paid and brand media teams to develop audience strategies that deliver engagement performance, viewership, and subscriptions
• Deliver monthly scorecards and quarterly business reports to teams and executive stakeholders
• Support CRM teams in driving efficient reach, conversion and addressable audience growth across push, web push, SMS, email and integrated channels
• Establish a culture of testing and data-driven decision making in all aspects of our business
• Work closely with the business intelligence and data science teams to introduce new projects to the analytics roadmap and to provide actionable insights to relevant stakeholders and teams
- Bachelor's degree in relevant marketing, data or business disciplines, master's degree and/or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of marketing, data, or product experience in the media industry
- Mastery of digital business strategies with experience in managing large budgets, teams and P&Ls
- Ability to lead teams and work effectively in a hybrid working environment. This job will be located in NYC or LA
- Experience managing teams and multiple direct reports
- Strong communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Established experience with analytics, data, and visualization platforms; Adobe, mParticle, Amplitude, Tableau and Domo
- Established deployment and analytics experience with mobile marketing platforms like Branch or Kochava
- Established deployment experience with CRM platforms like Iterable, Braze, Salesforce, Airship
- Experience working directly with product managers, developers and data analysts and collaborating across teams from different departments and internal businesses
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written, visual); Able to influence and solve problems independently
- Ability to translate complex data into actionable, digestible insights
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy3xom-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.