We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
As part of the NBCU Enterprise Data team, the Sr. Data Scientist will be responsible for comprehensive analytics, building and maintaining advanced audiences for NBCU brands and advertisers including, but not limited to building audience predictive models, data assessments for 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data, developing and analyzing test and learn campaigns and audience development (sizing, planning, profiling). This role reports directly into the Director of Data Science. To succeed, the Sr. Data Scientist is expected to demonstrate strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work on multiple engagements simultaneously.
In this role, the Sr. Data Scientist will work closely with business owners, teammates and engineers to build out state-of-the-art audiences for NBCU brands and advertisers!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Leverage emerging technologies to advance the business objectives
• Perform advanced analytics functions (e.g. XGBoost, SVM, Random Forest, Cluster and/or Factor Analysis, etc.) to create insights and recommendations that in turn provide meaningful results for our business leaders
• Conduct analytical techniques for determining the effectiveness of campaigns
• Collaborate with the engineering team to automate models in production
• Develop targeted audience and segmentation analysis to maximize digital effectiveness and value
• Apply best practices and standardization of business processes to maximize campaign effectiveness
• Leverage coding and programming skills to build templates for the Data Ops team
• Communicate functional insights and analysis results to leadership
• Advanced degree with specialization in statistics, computer science, data science, or other technical /quantitative field
• Hands on experience in statistical methods and machine learning with special emphasis on SVM, gradient boosting, k-means, reinforcement learning and multi-variate testing
• At least 5+ years of related analytical work experience
• Experience in extrapolating large data sets through Cloud and construct analytics through R/Python (Databricks experience is a plus)
• Deep functional experience in Digital/Advertising is required
• Experience with full instrumentation process, from translating business goals to measure KPIs, data layers, QA to delivering insights to the business
• Strong analytical skills – ability to produce actionable research findings and communicate to internal stakeholders, and external clients
• Creative thinker and problem solver – ability to come up with new ideas and messaging concepts that meet current and future business objectives
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $100,000 - $120,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re9e21-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.