As part of the NBCU Enterprise Data team, the Sr. Data Scientist will be responsible for conducting advanced analytics, building and maintaining advanced audiences for NBCU brand and advertisers. This position will work closely with business owners, teammates, vendors, and engineers to build out state-of-the-art analytics for the NBCU brands and advertisers. Highlights of the position include, but are not limited to, developing analytical plans, create features and feature engineering, data assessments for 1st and 3rd party data, creating machine learning models, analyzing campaigns and building out segments of the NBCU audiences. The Sr. Data Scientist must be known as a trusted analytical partner and deliver on business needs in a timely and efficient manner.
In this role, the Sr. Data Scientist will work both independently and collaboratively with the Enterprise Data team and business stakeholders to deliver on results that are impactful to the organization on a consistent basis!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ability to apply supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms to create actionable insights and recommendations that in turn provide meaningful results for our business leaders
• Work in cross-functional teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle
• Identify growth opportunities via predictive analytics to increase advertising ROI
• Develop targeted audience and segmentation analysis to maximize digital effectiveness and value
• Extrapolate and analyze extremely large data sets
• Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns through descriptive and multi-variant analysis
• Conduct analytical techniques for determining the effectiveness of campaigns
• Communicate functional insights and analysis results to leadership
• Advanced degree with specialization in statistics, computer science, data science, or other technical /quantitative field
• Hands on experience in statistical methods and machine learning with special emphasis on SVM, gradient boosting, k-means, reinforcement learning and multi-variate testing
• At least 3+ years of related analytical work experience
• At least 3+ years in working with Digital/Advertising data is required
• Experience in extrapolating large data sets through Cloud and construct analytics through R/Python (Databricks experience is a plus)
• Experience with full instrumentation process, from translating business goals to measure KPIs, data layers, QA to delivering insights to the business
• Strong analytical skills – ability to produce actionable research findings and communicate to internal stakeholders, and external clients
• Creative thinker and problem solder – ability to come up with new ideas and messaging concepts that meet current and future business objectives
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4qzm-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.