The Senior Counsel, Legal Affairs, will handle a wide range of legal matters related to the production, co-production, licensing, and exploitation of entertainment programming for NBCUniversal Entertainment Networks and Platforms (NBC, Peacock, Bravo, USA, SyFy, E!, Oxygen, and UniKids)
• Responsible for all legal matters during development, production and delivery of third-party produced original content, including evaluating rights, managing risk across a broad range of production-related topics and performing all other show lawyer duties.
• Draft, negotiate, review, analyze and interpret a variety of agreements including production services, license agreements, co-productions, talent, producer, indemnity and quitclaim agreements, and other similar agreements in an accurate and timely manner.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues to internal business, production and creative partners, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
• Liaise with internal business and creative clients and legal department contacts as well as outside counter-parties (e.g., talent attorneys and agents, production company counsel).
• Collaborate with members of Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs team on projects with significant business impact.
• Perform other tasks as requested by Vice President, Legal Affairs and other attorneys in the Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs group.
• Law degree
• JD and member of a state bar in good standing
• Entertainment, media/technology, intellectual property, or other relevant subject matter expertise. Minimum of 7 years of experience
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
• Superior legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiating, analytical, and strategic thinking ability
• Experience working in alternative productions, such as reality and competition shows.
• Flexible, creative thinker with ability to quickly develop new areas of expertise as business needs evolve
• Sound business judgment and calmness under pressure while managing high volume of wide-ranging matters
• Ability to work independently and interact with legal and business personnel of all levels
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated capacity to proactively identify, prioritize, and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
• Collaborative, team-oriented attitude
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn4oy-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.