How'd you like to be part of something BIG? As part of the Payment Systems support team here at Universal Studios Hollywood you'll be building and supporting various software systems that help make Universal Studios the entertainment capital of LA!
The Payment Systems team's number one priority is ensuring that our various card present and card not present systems are delivering a stable and fast service. As a member of the team, you'll help build, troubleshoot and operate applications to ensure system uptime, responsiveness and security. You'll interact with team members across the IT and business landscape and have an opportunity to be a direct contributor of exciting and new technology.
The Sr. Application Engineer's role is to assist in defining the overall strategy, standardization, and maintenance of software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes creating, testing, analyzing, implementing and supporting software programs and applications along with configuration management of various existing applications. The Sr. Application Engineer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The Sr. Application Engineer will serve as a key contact with the user community for solving business issues as well as providing support and guidance to other engineers on the team.
• Work with other technical staff to lend expertise toward driving solutions
• Lead the development and execution of testing to ensure the solution is capable of meeting the business needs and will be able to handle the Production Load
• Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
• Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems. Provide day-to-day application support on software systems at the Orlando Parks Technology locations. Periodically this includes after hours on-call support. Collaborate and assist other Parks Technology locations as needed.
• Write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
• Collaborate with business analysts, programmer analysts and architects in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications
• Partner with Point of Sale and ecommerce application owners to deliver solutions to Park Operations Team and our Finance business partners
• Provide daily/weekly status reports and communicate open issues to team and manager
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established company policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required; majors in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration, and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience in an IT support function supporting finance/payment applications such as ACI Postillion or ACI Secure Ecommerce solutions
• Experience with solution planning and execution of installations, upgrades and hotfixes
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed is required. Ability to think pragmatically and outside of the box.
• Extensive experience in SQL database, query best practices, and reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services is required.
• Supports assigned applications in collaboration with Level 1 support and other members of Parks Technology including vendor resources.
• Hands-on experience developing unit test cases and plans.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
• Ability to read, write, and understand technical documentation is required.
• Experience working with various Windows platforms Windows 7/10, Server 2016 and up) is required
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws, and effectively handle sensitive/confidential matters efficiently and professionally is required.
• On-call availability on a rotational basis. (M-F core role)
• Willingness to travel and or work weekends with short notice
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $112,000 - $120,000 (bonus eligible)
• Technical and functional understandings of Point-of-Sale systems and eCommerce sites which accept various forms of payment preferred
• Experience developing in .NET or Node JS
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner
• Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong track record meeting targets and objectives
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
• Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-function peers
• Experience with ITIL processes and best practices
• Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
• Able to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Results oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention
• Familiarity with merchant processing and banking rules
• Familiarity with PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, or EMV a plus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8vm7-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.