Sr. Analyst, Client Strategy & Insights, Portfolio Positioning
New York, NY
NBCUniversal is looking for a Senior Analyst on the programmatic team, focused on yield, insights, and analytics. This role will be equal parts analytical and collaborative. The individual will be tasked with monitoring supply and demand trends across all programmatic endpoints, and supporting the work of the larger analytics team to suggest areas of for potential optimization. In addition, this person will be the first line of defense in supply health, monitoring endpoints on a daily basis to flag any integration issues that could emerge.
The duties of this position are as follows:
• Tracking daily capacity and monetization by all granularity for NBC's programmatic business, including by NBC property, content type, device, and endpoint.
• Analyze yield performance in conjunction with other metrics (viewability, addressability, capacity) to tell cohesive stories around what is driving yield at NBC
• Monitor programmatic performance across a variety of sales channels and execution methods
• Routine ad hoc analysis in order to support internal strategy and sales teams
• Routine deliverables to sales team that monitor business performance
• Collaborating closely with operations and planning to monitor and communicate insights about business performance
• 2+ years of experience, preferably in ad sales, programmatic, or publisher/supply side role
• Familiarity with the larger digital ad sales ecosystem. Programmatic experience is a plus, but not necessary.
• Understanding the basic ad sales workflow, from order creation to trafficking to going live, and all of the systems that power the above tasks and what role they play
• Creativity is essential. You will need to be proactive and curious. Launching frequent experiments in a variety of ways and understanding what drives the outcomes will be critical.
• The ideal candidate will be someone who already has had at least some experience in ad sales, and is looking to take their next step in an analytical role. This is a role for someone who enjoys analyzing data in spreadsheets and databases all day.
• Above average Excel and data visualization skills are a big plus. The willingness to learn and improve these skills is mandatory.