The Rights & Clearances Specialist is responsible for handling clearances for scripted and unscripted programming produced across NBCUniversal's television studios. The ideal candidate has prior experience handling clearances for television productions and is professional with a positive attitude, sound judgment, strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize a high volume workload with time sensitive deadlines. The role is part of a dynamic in-house team that works directly with production teams, legal affairs and rights holders to secure and document IP rights for the Company's content.
• Review scripts and liaise with production team (including wardrobe, art department, set dec and props) to review and make determinations regarding necessary clearances
• Research contacts and obtain clearance and license agreements from rights holders
• Screen cuts for clearance issues
• Create show clearance logs for all clearance issues and maintain files
• Provide advice to production about a multitude of clearance issues and elevate to show lawyer as necessary
• Handle clip licensing (including Guild and reuse payments) and talent likeness clearances
• Work closely and communicate regularly with production and legal affairs
• Handle other clearance-related duties as assigned
• 2+ years previous experience in a clearance, legal or production environment
• Working knowledge of legal concepts and documents
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA or New York, NY. Role will initially be remote, but ultimately will be based in our Universal City, CA or New York, NY offices.
• Strong communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
• Demonstrated facility with Adobe Acrobat; proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Good judgment and ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, with all levels of company personnel and with outside parties
• Demonstrated ability to process and analyze complex information
• Experience handling production related legal issues
• Ability to multitask and work under time sensitive constraints
• Excellent follow-through and ability to find and utilize all resources available
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and flexibility in a fast-paced corporate business environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29m4y-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.