The Software Quality Engineer II is responsible for test planning, design, creation, execution and automation for various GolfNow applications and subsystems. In carrying out the key activities of the role they will;
• Perform software quality engineering, including black box testing, white box testing, user acceptance testing, and maintenance regression testing. This role is for primarily CORE
backend functionality testing for API's, micro services, and tasks.
• Evaluate testing and inspection plans for projects of varying technology, complexity, and size.
• Develop and document test scripts, test cases, defect tracking and reports.
• Work independently and own quality for business initiatives.
• Create and maintain manual and/or automated test maintenance scripts, test data, and other deliverables related to the software quality assurance (SQA) process.
• Review log files and other run-time documentation for defects and issues.
• Under direction of product management, participate in user acceptance testing.
• Perform maintenance regression testing.
• Work with development teams to support and implement applications.
• Apply interest in both front end and API level testing, and interest in understanding the full picture of how each layer – front end, backend, data storage – interacts to make a software product work.
• Perform validations and trouble shooting at a database level, primarily SQL and Mongo.
• 2+ years of experience in QA Engineering.
• Working SQL knowledge
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate
• A passion for technology trends and all things related to testing
• Curiosity in how things work and a love of breaking things
• A positive team player approach with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• A hunter mindset, wanting to dig for details and be exploratory rather than expecting to be delivered complete requirements
Interested candidates must;
• Submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
Successful candidates will be required to;
• Submit an attestation disclosing COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting their vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xp19-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.