NBC Sports Next is where sports and technology intersect. We're a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within our three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports; Golf; and Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media.
At NBC Sports Next, we make playing sports better through innovative technology and immersive experiences for athletes, coaches, players and fans. We equip more than 30MM players, coaches, athletes, sports administrators and fans in 40 countries with more than 25 sports solution products, including SportsEngine, the largest youth sports club, league and team management platform; GolfNow, the leading online tee time marketplace and provider of golf course operations technology; GolfPass the ultimate golf membership that connects golfers to exclusive content, tee time credits, and coaching, tips; TeamUnify, swim team management services; GoMotion, sports and fitness business software solutions; and NBC Sports Edge, a leading platform for fantasy sports information and betting-focused tools.
At NBC Sports Next we're fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences. Golf fuses the team behind products and services like GolfNow, TeeOff and GolfPass, which better connects golfers and golf facilities around the world through innovative solutions like cloud-based golf course management and SmartPlay contactless technology and services that create optimum golfing experiences.
The Software Engineer II will work within the Marketing and Booking Engine Team. This role will be a key position in the growth and maintenance of the product and technology aspects of our services through activities that include;
• Delivering software on time and to specification with minimal supervision.
• Producing high quality code with full test coverage, utilizing industry best practices.
• Work closely and in collaboration with other team members, including pair programming and mentorship of more junior developers/new hires.
• Participation in code reviews as needed to ensure quality and secure coding practices.
• Assisting in deployments.
• Adaptability in working on any part of the system as needed – full stack development
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience as follows;
• 3+ years of technical expertise including recent experience architecting, designing and developing containerized Node.js applications.
• 2+ years of experience with MongoDB or other comparable NoSQL databases.
• Deep understanding of microservice and container-based design patterns and architectures.
• Experience using technologies such as RabbitMQ, Redis, and ElasticSearch.
• Experience in a collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment.
• A collaborative approach with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
Desired experience and characteristics:
• 3+ years of experience using React.js, with Redux, Redux Saga and Hooks experience.
• Experience in modern Agile Methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban and/or Extreme)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ez39-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.