Want to work with one of America's most loved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team is a force of creativity, imagination and collaboration. We're currently looking for an eager and creative Social Media Producer to join our innovative social team. This role will report to TODAY's Managing Editor of Social & Video Publishing and will be responsible for helping to drive TODAY's social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok, and drive the brand forward to the next generation of audiences.
• Create, write and edit social posts for optimization across our various social platforms, including social headline writing and post copy. This includes content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
• Ensure that social media copy is flawlessly composed, with special attention to grammar and spelling.
• Maintain focus and accuracy during breaking news and high-pressure news situations; keeping as many platforms as active as possible while news happens
• Look at analytics to see how our platforms are performing against KPIs and brainstorm ideas to help reach new audiences to meet those goals.
• Collaborate on new and innovative social projects to bring in new audiences for the TODAY brand, with a focus on Instagram and TikTok.
• Manage relationships with broadcast teams to think creatively about broadcast and social integrations, series and projects
• Coordinate with producers on show teams, site programming, and marketing
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
• Bachelor's Degree in communication, journalism or a
similar relevant field of study
• 4+ years editing in a newsroom environment, including
experience with breaking news, video editing, and
dedicated social publishing experience.
• Demonstrated experience with managing breaking news,
video editing, and packaging/publishing on social media
accounts for a news outlet(s)
Additional Job Requirements:
• Willingness to work east coast (NY-based) hours
• A passion for social and digital media, and following
latest trends in the social media space
• A drive to innovate and think creatively across text, video
• An understanding of how to optimize content for each
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to
prioritize while multitasking.
• Prior experience in video editing is preferred.
• Comfortable working with talent and on live studio sets
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but
highly rewarding news environment
• Comfort being an independent self-starter, but also part
of a multi-location, multi-time zone team
• Experience analyzing social and site analytics, and
• Experience with live television production
• Experience as a site producer or similar digital media
• Active awareness of TODAY personalities and brands
• Exceptional and proven expertise in detail-orientated
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejjo7-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.