The Social Media Producer is responsible for the day to day management, creation and publishing of content across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook (may include other opportunistic platforms). The candidate should demonstrate a desire to work within the digital and social space and have a genuine passion for content creation and community building. The candidate should display a high degree of knowledge of digital trends, product updates and industry news, be a strong communicator in Spanish, both written and spoken and be able to work independently in a fast pace environment. Video and photo editing skills are a must. Previous news/entertainment experience is highly valued.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Demonstrate a genuine passion for social media and an understanding of the latest news/trends in the digital media space
• Work with head of social to develop original content that is aligned to the Telemundo brands and can attract new audiances
• Develop voice and social ''ethos'' for their respective property across platform and be an internal and external ambassador for the property
• Develop and implement social strategy for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Publish in real time and schedule content for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Create video and photo content for social platforms
• Design graphics in varying formats for social media
• Support the core social team on cross promotional efforts and events
• Be able to support breaking news events during work hours and off work hours (weekends)
• Available to cover live events across social media
• Promote marketing and linear content across platforms
• Be able to use photoshop, premiere 2019 etc.
• Familiar with social analytic tools such as Facebook Insights, google analytics, Shareablee etc.
• Collaborate with show producers to find creative ways to utilize social media on-air
• Assist social media team with daily updates of social platforms across the organization
• Work with the social media team on internal education and social training projects
• Create social media campaigns for special events and editorial projects
• Provide regular social media analytics reports on the success of specific pages platforms and campaigns
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, TV production, Marketing or Mass Communications preferred.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience within TV production, social, digital marketing experience
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel.
• Excellent communication skills in Spanish & English, both oral and written.
• Strong presentation skills, including development of compelling presentation materials.
• Thorough skills, understanding of digital & social, including Mobile, Apps, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube, Snapchat, Musical.ly etc.
• Full understanding of Marketing and Public Relations campaigns.
• Familiarity with Telemundo's programming, talent and brand initiatives.
• In depth experience with research and analytics tools including and not limited to Primary Research, Omniture, Facebook Insights & Social Guide among others.
• Solid team player, with demonstrated ability to work well with others and deliver results in a fast paced environment.
• Good listening skills, and ability to hear, understand and respond to client needs in a proactive way that helps build & foster client relationships.
• Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous assignments within an intense deadline-driven environment, while paying close attention to details
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Miami, FL Telemundo Center facility
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must be willing to be ''on call'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Self-starter and proactive in issue-identification and resolution.
• Ability to effectively use strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate professionally with outside partners and company employees in various capacities.