SNY Freelance Jib Operator
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UCONN Women's Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York's leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately nine million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations management
• Ability to proficiently operate Cammate Jib.
• Hand-held camera experience preferred as dictated by productions demands
• Assist in maintaining all studio cameras as well as the movement of all set pieces and props for the various shows
• In coordination with the Director, create and offer visually interesting and varied subject shots
• Willingness and ability to train others as needed for back-up purposes
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience is required
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred, with related camera operator experience is required
• Knowledge of Cammate, Jib along with Ikegami HD cameras is required
• Ability to identify and trouble shoot mechanical issues with Jib equipment and set up
• Must be able to lift 25+ lbs. depending on set / strike studio gear
• Familiarity with NY sports a plus
• Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system a plus
• With proper training, serve as fill-in for all other Tech 1 positions as needed (i.e. Robotic Camera, Playback, Video Shading)
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
• Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
In accordance with applicable NYC law, the estimated hourly rate for this role is $42.00 - $45.00 commensurate with experience. This position is bonus eligible. SNY offers a competitive benefits package that includes healthcare benefits, 401 (k) Retirement plan, Paid Time Off, Commuter benefits, and other additional company benefits and perks.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re3x91-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.