NBC Universal is looking for a creative and highly motivated Senior Writer/Editor to join NBCLX, a news brand dedicated to telling stories in our local communities that compel our audience to engage and take action. The Senior Writer/Editor will write, edit and publish articles aimed at a Gen Z/ Millennial audience that may range from in-depth hard news features to explainers on the latest TikTok trends. They will also direct and edit content written by freelancers and internal contributors, and help the Digital Director manage content across all NBCLX digital platforms. Excellent people skills, coaching abilities and team orientation are just as important in this role as the ability to write and/or edit a great story.
Working with a deep knowledge of current events and digital trends, the Senior Writer/Editor will identify unique and compelling stories that speak to our young audience and write with a strong, authentic voice. In collaboration with our Manager of Social Media Strategy, they will also work to identify audience growth opportunities and seek out ways to engage with our readers.
• At least 5 years of professional experience writing for a digital-first news organization or brand.
• Experience working in a newsroom and creating content on fast-paced deadlines.
• Strong grasp of AP style.
• Prior experience working with a CMS.
• Understanding of digital analytics and trends.
• Basic current knowledge of copyright laws as it applies to digital publishing and social media.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Strong editorial judgment and journalistic ethics.
• Demonstrated experience producing engaging written content aimed at a younger audience.
• Proven knowledge of libel, slander laws in regards to digital media.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment.
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8755-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.