• Support and guide technical teams on analytical systems, data, and tools for UPI, including development of business intelligence platforms, the analysis of data integrity, and the integration of 3rd party data providers
• Closely collaborate with the SP&A and Distribution teams (in LA and London) to: (i) optimize data & process workflow, and (ii) build business-critical data models & reports to aid in competitive title analysis and slate decision-making
• Lead large scale data analyses to identify gaps, shortcomings, and potential improvements within UPI's analytical environments
• Act as the primary point of contact between UPI Distribution, Data Strategy, and Information Technology teams on systems and data development, maintenance, and improvement projects
• Project manage – in conjunction with Information Technology – system sprint cycles and bug fixes, leading both business input and user acceptance testing
• Lead UPI's evaluation of data intelligence/visualization platforms such as PowerBI, Data Studio, Tableau, MicroStrategy etc.
• Help oversee relationships and negotiations with external 3rd party data providers
• Cross-functional support on data strategy projects across both UPI and the Universal Filmed Entertainment Group
• Ad-hoc analytical support for broader SP&A and Distribution projects
The role requires superior analytical, strategic, and relationship skills. The ideal candidate will also possess:
• Bachelor's Degree (Masters preferred) in a quantitative field related to analytics, computer science, or other related field
• 3+ years experience in research, analytics, consulting, or software programming, preferably within the entertainment industry
• Relevant project management experience, particularly with IT projects involving large databases & web-based software apps
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize extremely large sets of data into cohesive takeaways
• Strong database experience and working knowledge of database platforms (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio)
• High proficiency in SQL (e.g. Transact-SQL, ANSI), as well as analytical tool suites, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with expertise in data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Data Studio, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Data Studio)
• Excellent numeracy and logical problem-solving skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver high quality presentations
• A thorough understanding of film and/or media market business models is desirable
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r10obx-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.