Senior Mobile Software Engineer
Salt River, South Africa
Senior Mobile Software Engineer (Senior Flutter Developer)
Albatros PTY Ltd, a division of NBC Sports Next, is an innovative technology company that powers solutions for golfers and golf courses to better connect. Our course management software and services help our Golf Course partners across Europe and South Africa increase their rounds and revenue and manage their business operations.
We are driving forward and reshaping an entire industry, building innovative new web based and mobile products, and assisting golf course operators to manage profitable and sustainable businesses. We take pride in offering an exceptional team member experience with generous benefits and perks designed to offer financial security, support wellbeing and enhance work life balance.
Our business is fun to be part of, and our employees are connected to a truly global company within NBCUniversal. This is a great opportunity to advance your career and be a part of an exciting business with plans for significant future growth.
As a key member of the Cape Town based team, the Senior Mobile Software Engineer will be responsible for:
• Providing expertise and analysis for new feature requirements, implementing them as code.
• Maintaining the codebase of existing mobile applications (Flutter, native iOS and Android).
• Continuous code improvement, refactoring and clean-up.
• Conducting code reviews.
To be considered for the role, the candidate must possess the following essential criteria:
• Extensive Flutter knowledge including but not limited to developing flutter and native applications, routes, layout builders and framework widgets.
• Expert level Dart knowledge.
• Knowledge of State Management: BloC, Provider, GetX and GetIt.
• Demonstrable experience with code approaches: Clean Architecture, SOLID and Immutability.
• Experience with publishing IOS and Android applications.
• Proficient in automated code testing (unit testing and automated UI testing).
• Excellent communication skills and ability partner with stakeholders across multiple locations.
• Strong organisational skills; drives work from initiation to completion.
• Self-motivated and resilient under pressure, with the ability to meet competing priorities.
• Demonstrable passion for and energy towards fulfilling the role,
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of Objective-C for iOS native, Java for Android native.
• Experience with Scrum methodology.
• BS/BSE Degree or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in software engineering.
• Intermediate level English language ability, or higher.
Location: Cape Town, SA. Hybrid working arrangements available.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy1o2-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.