Who We Are:
Spanning three floors of the Comcast Technology Center, the stunning new home of NBC10 and Telemundo62 is an 80,000-square-foot broadcast center and Philadelphia's news epicenter. It features cutting-edge newsroom IP technology and LEED energy-efficient design.
We are seeking a ''hands-on'' multi-faceted Senior IT Systems Engineer to join our team. This role requires that you possess the necessary self-discipline to take ownership and responsibility for supporting our critical infrastructure & delivering technical solutions considering all customers' business and technical needs. You will be part of a talented hands-on team that demonstrates superb technical competency, providing internal customer-oriented solutions, mission-critical infrastructure, and ensuring the highest levels of availability and performance. The candidate's primary focus will be on managing our mission-critical IT infrastructure. Extensive experience in the management of critical IT systems, applications, Networks, and Servers, including Cisco DCNM / IPFM Fabric / Cisco UCS. Experience in a similar role within a TV Station, ISP, media company, systems integrator, or other relevant industry desirable.
• ''Hands-on'' multi-faceted Senior IT systems engineer focusing on mission critical IT systems management and availability.
• The role will work alongside our existing technical teams to manage and support our complex broadcast and IT systems over their complete life cycles.
• Lead upgrades, security compliance of critical IP production & associated IT systems
• Lead advanced support, monitoring & troubleshooting for IP networks, systems and applications.
• Manage WAN / LAN networking administration and security management including remote sites in conjunction with Corp IT
• Manage IPFM Nexus 9000 & DCNM as well as Cisco UCS Virtualized Windows environments
• Markup language and coding / scripting experience with XML, Java, perl desirable
• Evaluate and optimize infrastructure and workflows that support critical Media systems. Knowledge in IP fabric video infrastructures, virtualized environments, Isilon Storage, encode / decode platforms, newsgathering tools, Adobe creative suite, Newsroom Systems, distribution systems and other workflow tools is advantageous.
• Evaluate, test and install upgrades to all platform operating systems, applications, and hardware.
• Ongoing assessment of workflows, identifying manual processes that can be streamlined or improved upon with new hardware, software or automation.
• Evaluate and test new technology and make recommendations to Management for inclusion in strategic plan.
• Develop training strategies to help grow and develop technical teams to better support the environment
• Liaison with corporate IT to ensure station is adhering to company policies, practices & standards
• Implementation of Corporate led technology initiatives
• Must be Customer driven and comfortable in 24/7/365 environment
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar with 10+ years' experience preferred. Equivalent experience considered.
Experience in a similar role within a TV Station, ISP, media company, systems integrator, or other relevant industry.
Project Management experience
Extensive experience in management of critical IT systems, applications, Networks, and Servers
Cisco DCNM / IPFM Fabric / Cisco UCS very desirable
Administration of Windows Server & Virtualization technologies
• Media and/ or Broadcast experience preferred.
• MSFT & Cisco Certifications desirable
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus