• Develop strong working relationships with the key business leaders and their teams
• Develop training strategies to help grow and develop technical teams.
• Forge and foster positive relationships with the Corporate Infrastructure & support teams external to the station
• Participate in the development capital initiatives & budgets
• Partner with Production Operations, Engineering, IT and News Operations groups to manage systems, documentation, develop best practices and implement new technologies & deliver projects on time & within budget.
• Markup language and coding experience with XML, Java, perl
• Seek opportunities to reduce spend/increase news efficiency by implementation of smart technology or new workflows
• Partner with News operations in the evaluation and support of new and existing IP, edit and newsgathering technologies
• Support, development & troubleshooting of Station's IT infrastructure, networking, servers, desktops, and remote sites
• WAN / LAN networking and security management including remote sites in conjunction with Corp IT
• Manage Nexus 9000 & DCNM environment or similar
• Manage Cisco UCS Virtualized Windows environments or similar
• Project Management initiatives and on-time delivery
• Innovation: Participate in the evaluation and introduction of new technologies to drive station operations, efficiency and competiveness.
• Risk Management: Assess all issues, adds, changes to mitigate impact to station
• Vendor relationships: work with key vendors on new feature and functionality requests as well as troubleshooting issues to resolution.
• Follow up and root cause analysis of technology issues
• Enhance and implement Monitoring, logging & alerting best practices to reduce systems downtime
• Liaison with corporate IT to ensure station is adhering to company policies, practices & standards
• Must have degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or 10 years of related business experience
• Must be able to provide advanced support & troubleshooting for networks, systems and applications, commission and configure new technology
• Must be have proven track record of managing multiple projects from conceptual stage through to launch including budget tracking and reporting
• Must be customer driven and willing to work in a 24/7/365 operation
• Must possess strong multitasking skill
• Media and/ or Broadcast experience preferred.
• MSFT & Cisco Certifications desirable
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus