Universal City, CA
This position leads all IT initiatives, takes ownership of all IT support issues, and make decisions that affects the workflow function of the entire staff (not related to the Crew). Consult with the EIC & Production Manager regarding the staff IT needs to design, develop, and execute any proposed solution while maintaining the integrity standards of Cyber Security. Collaborate with internal technology teams to represent the productions technical interests for project planning and standards development. Facilitate upgrades impacting the production. Responsible for UTVP Equipment inventory and deployment. Stay up to date on all IT hardware and software used by the staff. Provide training to end users.
• The Senior IT Specialist will rely on their own knowledge, expertise, research & analytical skill to provide IT support and make technical decisions that affects the IT functionality of the entire staff.
• Take ownership of critical and complex production issues through resolution; be able to perform under pressure especially from executives and studio guests.
• Collaborate with related Subject Matter Experts at NBC when needed. Share results with the EIC and Production Manager.
• Be proactive and identify any technical areas related to the staff that needs to be improved, develop a solution, and coordinate with the EIC and Production Manager to execute them, including developing and taking lead on projects, and designing & implementing workflows that are unique to individualize departments and staff members.
• Take lead and be an advocate for the productions technical needs when collaborating with other technology teams on projects/initiatives that affect the productions workflow.
• Seek out, communicate & facilitate upgrades impacting the workplace: Includes workplace related changes through workplace technology team (HW/SW upgrades), security team (software patches), enterprise services team (email/identity mgmt.)
• Stay Up to Date on technology used by the production staff: Via Tech News, Blogs, Employee Training, ETC.
• Support Remote Users and Studio Guests: Includes preparing and troubleshooting equipment/software for Studio guests and provide alternative solutions when current remote environment is not able to meet business needs.
• Maintain solid business relationships: Including UTVP Lead, Manager, Various NBC Technology Departments, & Facilities.
• Communicate and provide updates, regarding overall health of client services support along with status of planned infrastructure changes, which affect the end user experience. Continue to gather opportunities for improvement and attend UTVP departmental staff meetings to provide updates.
• Manage and track all IT related equipment: Keep record of all UTVP equipment deployed to the show and other equipment at the productions request.
• Install new workplace devices for end users including PC, Mac, Peripherals, smartphones, and tablets, and any other devices related to the production staff needs.
• Provide end user workplace support including issue resolution, upgrades/patches, new software installations and general Q&A across PC, Mac, Smartphones, Tablets, and Peripherals.
• Train new hires on software and hardware.
• Minimum 7 years of IT Related experience providing direct end-user support for a fortune 500 company in a Macintosh and Microsoft Windows environment with strong experience troubleshooting and able to utilize analytic ability to solve technical problems.
• Must be proficient in Mac OS X, Windows 10, Service Now, Microsoft 365 Products (including Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Word & Excel, Teams, Forms, Adobe Acrobat, VPNs, Active Directory, JAMF, AirWatch, & Remediant-SecureOne PAM.
• Able to maintain operations in the absence of UTVP Manager, client services liaison for designated sites
• Ability to analyze requests to route/engage appropriate areas of expertise
• Ability to take ownership of production incidents from a technical support expertise, collaborate with others on remediation
• Ability to work flexible hours and tight deadlines, within a fast-changing environment
• Ability to work onsite, with some remote work on dark days
• Ability to travel
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings due to news cycles and breaking news, the role begins after show wraps
• Ability to work within established standards and guidelines
• Project management skills and experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science related field preferred or relevant experience
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills such as: persistent, client-oriented, results-oriented and accountable
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8vww-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.