We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal's local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 US markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of US homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country's top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local's stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
The NBCUniversal television station located in Hartford, CT is currently looking for a Senior IT Specialist. The Senior IT Specialist is responsible for overseeing the day to day mission critical IT systems within the television station, reporting directly to the Director of Technology & Engineering.
This position work with a diverse technical team and will be the head of Information Technology for the television station. This position is responsible for the short and long-term technology strategy and health of the station. This includes designing and maintaining the infrastructure, addressing security needs, providing desktop support, and other technology related duties. This position interacts directly with the end users, including newsroom operations, sales and others all with varying priorities and needs.
• Collaborate with the existing IT technology team while fostering a learning environment.
• Contribute to capital budget planning, including long range planning from an IT perspective.
• Effectively lead projects using project management best practices to ensure initiatives are delivered on time and on budget, while balancing varying priorities of simultaneous projects.
• Evaluate and perform root-cause analysis on escalated issues.
• Lead the IT strategy and architecture decisions for the television station while collaborating with other technology teams including data center, TCP/IP network infrastructures, storage, desktop support, telecom support, fiber Infrastructures and others.
• Streamline decision-making process and improve service delivery workflows.
• Have a strong understanding of current server and storage technologies.
• Have a fundamental understanding of networking technologies.
• Provide excellent and timely customer service and support.
• Be a professional and articulate, proactive communicator with a coaching and mentoring attitude.
• Ability to maintain standards and compliance, manage change controls, solve complex problems and take action on decisions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or 7+ years in IT or IT related experience.
• Minimum 2 years' experience with MS Windows and MS Server OS Active Directory, Dell desktop equipment, Multi-Media Platforms, Internet/Intranets, Mac hardware/OS.
• Proven understanding of asset management and digital distribution concepts, servers and streaming platforms.
• Solid knowledge of file-based delivery, compression, transcoding and streaming technologies.
• Experience with Linux and Powershell
• Minimum of 3 years of coaching and mentoring other professionals; prefer experience in a formal people management role.
• Knowledge of Apple products.
• Cisco CCNA
• Project Management (PMP)
• Must submit a resume/CV online through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which could include overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends.
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must be willing to work at the station's West Hartford location.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9vj3z-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.