Senior Financial Analyst
Universal City, CA
This position is responsible for the analysis, interpretation and set-up of Theatrical participation reporting. This individual will be a key member of the team providing analysis, leadership and expertise to maximize productivity, while ensuring quality throughout the entire reporting process
• Perform contract analysis, interpretation, set up, and review of participation statements in participation reporting system.
• Identify contract terms, and provide deal analyses of legal agreements.
• Perform financial modeling, cash forecasts and account reconciliations.
• Assist with ad hoc analyses to support business decisions in sales, finance, legal and labor relations.
• Liaise between Financial Contract Administration and Financial Contract Reporting to ensure proper reporting and/or payments.
• Coordinate and communicate with various business units, including Financial Planning, Controllership, Legal, and Business Affairs.
• Assist with quarterly reviews of participation and residuals liability accounts.
• BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
• Minimum of 3 years accounting and/or finance experience in the entertainment industry.
• Experience with participation reporting and contract interpretation.
• Knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong understanding of GAAP
• Knowledge of accounting and participation systems/processes.
• Experience with participations, residuals, third party contracts, production and/or film distribution is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic and accountability
• Must be able to think strategically with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team, in a fast paced environment.
• Must meet deadlines, and be willing to work overtime, as necessary