Universal Studio Group (USG) is NBCUniversal's production house for television series. We work hard to create dynamic content that connects people through entertainment and creative storytelling. Our portfolio encompasses dramas, comedies, unscripted TV, and exclusive Originals for NBC & our new streaming service Peacock. Some of the shows we produce include New Amsterdam, Superstore, Never Have I Ever, Ted Lasso, Saturday Night Live and the new modern-day dramatic take on Bel-Air!
The TV Ultimates team plays an integral role in managing the studio economics, individual series profitability, and providing insightful analysis in the strategic decision-making processes and operations of USG. The Senior Financial Analyst role is a terrific opportunity for the candidate to be at the forefront of a rapidly evolving industry. The role interacts with internal TV & Streaming business units (e.g. Peacock, NBC, USA, Syfy), off network distribution finance teams (e.g. TV Distribution, DVD, EST) and cost centers (Production, Participations and Residuals). The scope of core responsibilities include financial planning and analysis, TV ultimates management, quarterly ultimates reviews, monthly pacing submissions, as well as our annual budget and long-range plan. The individual will also gain exposure through various ad hoc analyses related to contract terms, slate/series strategic decisions, and studio operations. This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Finance for USG.
• Provide essential support in tracking, forecasting, and reporting USG series ultimates including variance analysis
• Own the process for quarterly ultimates reviews with Distribution Markets, Production Finance, Participations, and Residuals teams
• Facilitate and prepare monthly/quarterly closing processes and related compliance activities
• Report out to Senior Leadership of Universal Studio Group around financial performance
• Perform ad hoc analysis for scenario planning
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in Accounting and/or Finance
• Excellent analytical skills and advanced Excel proficiency
• Strong attention to detail
• Media/Entertainment experience preferred
• Possess the confidence, presence, and communication skills to interact and present to senior management and high-level executives
• Ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and be effective and decisive under pressure
• Adaptability and flexibility to work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented and rapidly changing environment
• Team player with ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team environment and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in order to achieve departmental goals
• Firm understanding of basic accounting principles
• Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills to quickly resolve unique and challenging issues/concerns
• Curiosity, eagerness to learn new concepts and develop a deep knowledge of the TV industry
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work extended hours with short notice during critical planning cycles
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $70,000-$95,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1jmje-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.