This position is responsible for the analysis, interpretation and set-up of Theatrical participation reporting. This individual will be a key member of the team providing analysis, leadership and expertise to maximize productivity, while ensuring quality throughout the entire reporting process.
Key Position Responsibilities:
• Perform contract analysis, interpretation, set up, and review of participation statements in participation reporting system.
• Identify contract terms, and provide deal analyses of legal agreements.
• Perform financial modeling, cash forecasts and account reconciliations.
• Assist with ad hoc analyses to support business decisions in sales, finance, legal and labor relations.
• Liaise between Financial Contract Administration and Financial Contract Reporting to ensure proper reporting and/or payments.
• Coordinate and communicate with various business units, including Financial Planning, Controllership, Legal, and Business Affairs.
• Assist with quarterly reviews of participation and residuals liability accounts.
Requirements/Qualifications: Successful candidates should possess:
• BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
• Minimum of 3 years accounting and/or finance experience in the entertainment industry.
• Experience with participation reporting and contract interpretation.
• Must be able to think strategically with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team, in a fast paced environment.
• Must meet deadlines, and be willing to work overtime, as necessary
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Strong understanding of GAAP
• Knowledge of accounting and participation systems/processes.
• Experience with participations, residuals, third party contracts, production and/or film distribution is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic and accountability
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqq5b1-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.