The role is part of the Domestic Digital Finance function located in Universal City, Los Angeles within Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
The Senior Financial Analyst will provide insight and analysis within the Domestic Digital Finance team covering the Premium VOD, EST and VOD business for Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. This position will report to the Director, FP&A and will work closely with the Digital Analytics, Television Distribution (TVD), Global Finance, Controllership and Film HQ FP&A teams. The candidate should display an aptitude for financial systems; prior experience in BPC and Power BI is preferred but not required. This candidate ideally has a finance/accounting background with strong Excel skills, is detail orientated, and thrives in a fast-paced environment .
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepare and manage monthly accrual and forecast models for management review
• Manage the consolidation and upload of Domestic Digital pacing updates
• Support the FP&A team with, Budget, Monthly and Weekly forecasting processes
• Review, analyze and share insights/trends on EST revenue and maintain pacing models and updates
• Manage financial reporting to internal stakeholders (e.g., TVD, Global FP&A and Film HQ)
• Work closely with the Domestic Digital leadership team to drive simplification, process improvement and standardization as new and current businesses emerge, evolve and mature
• Support month and/or quarter end processes
• Support the Senior Management Team with ad-hoc and in-depth financial analysis
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance
• Software skills: Proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint preferred, and ERP systems
• Knowledgeable with Power BI software preferred
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Interest in Entertainment strongly desired
• Comfort with ERP forecasting systems and data input
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to comprehend and influence outcomes while anticipating business risks and opportunities
• Confident interacting at various levels of the organization to build strong working partnerships
• Takes initiative and is self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision
• Team Player – Demonstrated ability to operate in a cross-functional team environment and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in order to achieve departmental goals
• Professional – possesses high level of personal and professional integrity
• Ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and be effective and decisive under pressure
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Very strong and detail oriented analytical and computer skills, primarily Excel.
• Experience managing financial planning and forecasting details and inputs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7mx0-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.