Division: Universal Consumer Products International
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers
Universal Pictures were the first of the modern Hollywood studios, and over their one hundred years, they have been responsible for some of the world's most memorable feature films. The home of ET, Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, Despicable Me, Jason Bourne, Dracula, Bridget Jones, Mamma Mia!, The Mummy, Les Misérables, King Kong and the unstoppable Fast & Furious franchise, to name a few.
Universal Brand Development oversees NBCUniversal's consumer product and digital licensing for Universal Pictures, NBC Television, Focus Features and Sprout Channel. Universal Brand Development is part of NBCUniversal. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
The primary focus of this role is to support the EMEA FP&A team with planning, analysis and reporting for Consumer Products.
• Assist Senior Finance Manager with all FP&A processes and reporting to deliver the Annual Budget and Quarterly Forecast.
• Work on the preparation of the overall forecast / close / budget review presentations within defined deadlines – at Country/Hub, Line of Business and Regional Level
• Help to deliver the Quarter Close process, reviewing key P&L movements (revenue and costs) and interpret financial impact (i.e. latest True Ups and Non Accruables and ensuring Guarantee Shortfalls are fully reconciled and understood)
• Support on Cost of Sales planning and actualization process, including consolidating templates, troubleshooting payment queries, collaborating with controllership on quarter end accruals, and business partnering the retail, marketing, franchise and creative teams in developing robust investment plans to drive the business
• Support on Overheads planning and actualization process, partnering with in market Finance Directors to develop accurate assumptions in overheads spend, and performing variance analyses to ensure spend within budget.
• Own all centralized standard reporting to both finance and commercial stakeholders
• Assist the Senior Finance Manager to ensure EMEA consolidation is correctly reflected in all systems (Revenue, Costs and Overheads)
• Assist with the preparation and accurate reporting of the Line of Business, Country/Hub and Regional P&Ls, providing commercial context, variance analysis and assist with any reconciliation requirements
• Lead and support on ad hoc projects, as requested
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Qualified Accountant or equivalent international qualification
• Commercial awareness and curiosity together with experience in a Consumer Products and/or Retail/Online and/or FMCG business
• Highly numerate with strong excel skills, including financial budget modelling, pivot tables and experience of working with complex data
• Detail oriented with strong financial reporting and analysis presentation skills.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability quickly to grasp the ''big picture'' and exhibit judgment in drawing conclusions and solving problems.
• Excellent technical and systems skills (including development of reporting templates etc.)
• Budgeting and reporting experience, including reporting systems, preferable with exposure to Micro Strategy
• Acumen to navigate and troubleshoot system issues providing solid recommendations and workarounds where needed
• Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously, working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Strong team player with an ability to operate in a collaborative & flexible manner across multiple functions in a matrixed environment to achieve goals
• Sense of humour, with a commercial, pragmatic outlook
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pm80-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.