We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting and Reporting, participates in the day-to-day operations of the Film Headquarters Controllership team, and will assist in a wide range of accounting, finance and consolidation matters for the Filmed Entertainment Segment, including supporting financial reporting obligations to NBCUniversal Corporate, Comcast and external parties. The role is in a fast-paced headquarters environment, interfaces with teams domestically and internationally, and has opportunities for growth.
This role will report to the Manager, Consolidation and Reporting, while working closely with the Business Process Outsourcing provider and the broader Film Controllership and FP&A teams.
• Key contributor to the monthly and quarter close processes including posting close and consolidation journal entries and preparing account reconciliations and rollforwards across miscellaneous financial statement line items which may include cash, prepaids, accruals, overhead and others.
• Prepare journal entries for the Film Cost area, including but not limited to accruals, capital overhead and allocation reclasses.
• Assist in the Film HQ cash application and reporting processes.
• Assist in running the net distribution program, working with Film BUs and the offshore business provider to ensure accurate monthly postings and results, while managing the corresponding master data.
• Prepare NBCU Corporate data request submissions, gathering and consolidating information from various sources and review data requests prepared by the offshore business provider.
• Coordinate and oversee all Film business units' adherence to various tasks and processes, including but not limited to internal controls, close requirements, and financial reporting deliverables.
• Prepare and present key areas within the monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet review package.
• Oversee internal and external audit requests as well as compliance to SOX controls.
• Assist in planning the close timeline, including coordination with the various Film business units and FP&A.
• Participate and collaborate on corporate driven initiatives and process change across the business unit, including special projects.
• Identify and implement Film HQ process improvement initiatives and opportunities to build efficiencies into existing accounting and reporting processes.
• Collaborate with broader Studios groups on benchmarking of processes and identification of best practices.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with cross-functional finance teams.
• Contribute to an inclusive environment where staff can produce high quality results, actively be involved in process improvement and share ideas.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Minimum of 2+ years of accounting-related experience
• CPA or on path to obtaining CPA license preferred
• Microsoft Suites skills are essential, including strong/exceptional Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables and v-lookup) and comfortability with Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with SAP and AoE preferred
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across the organization
• Excellent project management skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy, proactive approach to problem solving
• Inquisitive and eager to learn
• Detail focused
• Able to identify issues and make recommendations for solutions
• Strong work ethic and follow through
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
• Flexible and able to take on new challenges as they arise
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $70,000-95,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6v9y9-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.