Universal City, CA
Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting and Reporting, participates in the day-to-day operations of the Film Headquarters Controllership team, and will assist in a wide range of accounting, finance and consolidation matters for the Filmed Entertainment Group, including supporting financial reporting obligations to NBCUniversal Corporate and external parties. The role is in a fast-paced headquarters environment, interfaces with teams domestically and internationally, and has opportunities for growth.
- Assist in planning the close timeline, including coordinating with the various Film business units and FP&A.
- Key contributor to the quarter close process including posting close and consolidation journal entries, monitoring the Film business units and validating balances, preparing account reconciliations, rollforwards, and investigating variances to prior periods.
- Assist in monitoring the account reconciliations for the team and other Film business units, including for quality and timeliness.
- Prepare NBCU Corporate data request submissions, gathering and consolidating information from various sources.
- Prepare and analyze the Balance Sheet Variance Analytic for the Film Group, including gathering explanations (and support if necessary) from all the Film business units.
- Prepare and present quarterly Balance Sheet review packet to Film's SVP Global Controller and CFO.
- Assist in technical accounting and BU policy research to continue to align on accounting for transactions and maintaining suitable accounting policies across Film.
- Participate and collaborate on corporate driven initiatives (e.g., functional transformation as well as smaller projects such as Journal Entry Park and Post, Allocations) and process change across the business unit, including special projects.
- Identify and implement Film HQ process improvement initiatives and opportunities to build efficiencies into existing accounting and reporting processes.
- Participate in annual SOX 404 certification and audits.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of finance experience.
- CPA or on path to obtaining CPA License preferred.
- Excel skills and working knowledge of Powerpoint
(note job #: )
- Willingness to work overtime and on weekends
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across the organization
- Inquisitive and eager to learn
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Detail focused
- Able to identify issues and make recommendations for solutions
- Takes initiative
- Strong work ethic and follow through
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Flexible and able to take on new challenges as they arise
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71n0q-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.