The Senior Finance Analyst role based in Amsterdam is part of the International Film Finance & Accounting team. The NBC Universal Film Division is responsible for the international theatrical & Home Entertainment distribution of Universal owned and acquired products. The Film Controllership Team is looking for a highly driven hands on and energetic financial professional with a controllership mindset that drives continuous improvement in the closing & reporting process.
The Film Controllership team will be responsible for delivering complete, accurate and timely reporting in accordance with group policies and accounting standards. As a valued member of our Film Controllership team, you will also work with a wide range of stakeholders and are expected to assist in executing strategic initiatives and finance transformation that will shape our finance of the future.
The Senior Finance Analyst role has a solid reporting line to the Film Controller in the Netherlands and this position will manage all day to day finance tasks outsourced to the BPO offshore partner.
NBCU will help you further develop your career and offers continuous professional development and career progression in the dynamic Media & Entertainment industry. The right person can grow together with NBCU and expand their role within the current team or wider finance community of NBCU.
What You Will Do:
• Monthly and Quarterly Close & Reporting : Responsible for overseeing the general ledgers and all aspects of the close & reporting process (Balance sheet reviews, Accounts Recs, Analytical Reviews, Corporate Reporting etc.) for the distribution activities of our Joint Ventures and Strategic Partnerships with other Film Studios.
• Controllership and special projects : responsible for the internal control environment, ensuring compliance with group policies and procedures, laws and regulations, the integrity of financial and operational information. Participate in special finance projects, focusing on continuous improvement and finance transformation.
• Statutory and Tax reporting : Assisting in the External and Internal audits and provide support to the NBCU Tax team to ensure compliance with local tax regulations and reporting requirements in the area of corporate income tax, withholding tax and VAT and support Transfer Pricing process.
• Governance : work closely with NBCU's Finance Operations teams (P2P, RTR, OTC) and Team leads of the offshore finance partner to ensure all outsourced finance activities are being performed as agreed.
Who We Are Looking For:
• Ability to cope in a fast, dynamic environment and manage competing priorities
• Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills to quickly resolve complex and challenging issues and concerns independently, being effective and decisive
• Proven team player, collaborative working style
• Strong drive, curiosity and adaptivity as this role is exposed to a broad scope of finance topics and various stakeholders
• Demonstrate strong influencing and interpersonal communication skills
Qualifications & Requirements:
• Advanced degree in finance or accounting (preferred ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA , Dutch RA/RC qualified)
• Minimum of 3+ years of professional working experience in a Controllership role or similar finance position within a large multinational organization. Public accounting experience is a plus, but not required.
• Strong technical accounting experience, including comprehensive understanding of Accounting Standards (US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS).
• Proficient user of financial accounting systems and competent in Microsoft Office, SAP experience desired, but not essential
• Fluent in English (both verbal and in in writing)
• Experience of working with outsourced finance partners and managing team in remote location is desired
What You Can Look Forward To:
• Possibility to work for the renewed international Media company
• Enjoyable work environment with excellent canteen
• Diverse and inclusive work culture, with colleagues of many nationalities
• Honest company culture where integrity is highly valued
• Enthusiastic and supporting colleagues in flat and open organization
• Media package
• Hybrid work structure (home and office)
• 25 holiday days
• Discount on health insurance
Please see above for Job Description.
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation to prove they are able to work in the country where the role is based. This job description is not exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to carry out any other tasks as requested and within capabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m326-54-80-252-84-42 in your application.