Universal City, CA
NBCUniversal's Intellectual Property Analytics, Operations, and Technology (IPAOT) team supports NBCUniversal's content globally with four key areas: (1) developing more secure and scalable frameworks for Internet-based video distribution, (2) improving security technologies and processes in content production and distribution, (3) addressing voluminous copyright infringements on websites, apps and protocols, and (4) analyzing data to measure and understand the drivers of unlicensed video consumption on the Internet.
The IPAOT team at NBCUniversal is looking for a passionate problem solver who will lead design, build, and on-going maintenance of content management, rights management, and content delivery systems and pipelines. The ideal candidate will take ownership of the entire SDLC process including ideation, requirement gathering, data modeling, data design, and maintaining and shipping new software to production. This is a fast-paced role that interfaces with the entire department and many other internal business units and stakeholders at NBCUniversal.
• Lead system architecture and development using Python to design and build available, scalable, and secure back-end web services and customer-facing APIs.
• Reverse engineer and take ownership of legacy production systems, decide on future architecture and re-write existing applications to improve business processes
• Provide strong technical leadership with a focus on continuous improvement. Leverage unit testing, integration testing, code reviews, and develop regression test plan to harden software.
• Implement systems designs according to best practices
• Leverage architecture and design patterns in order to write maintainable, testable, and robust software
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, or STEM field
• Proven track record of executing and delivering software to production
• 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience with a proven track record of executing and delivering software to production
• 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Strong knowledge of scripting and automation programming in Python
• Experience in debugging/triggering production issues and using open-source logging and reporting solutions
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases, document stores, and a queuing systems
• Experience with modern networking, network architecture, and firewall configuration
• Experience utilizing distributed data systems like RabbitMQ and ElasticSearch
• Experience integrating with 3rd party systems and APIs
• Ability to express complex processes via writing and documenting and business stakeholders
• Master's degree in computer science, or STEM field
• Experience working in entertainment industry
• Strong knowledge of video transcoding and manipulation
• Expert knowledge with CentOS or other Linux derivatives