The Senior Director, Global Brand & Creative will manage our brand strategy and the in-house creative resources for the NBC Sports Digital & Consumer Businesses. They will inspire and deliver outstanding creative work that drives business results, and play a leading role in brand strategy and brand management for the division.
Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, this role will be a key member of the marketing leadership team and an integral part of supporting the strategies of our customer growth & engagement teams, corporate communications, and the wider business. The right candidate will be a strategic brand and marketing expert, with significant experience leading big creative ideas and national campaigns, though hands-on creative design experience is not required.
The role will oversee a team of 20+ talented creative directors, designers and copywriters that support business areas inside our division. The role will guide creative efforts to amplify the NBC Sports Digital & Consumer brands (GolfNow, GolfPass, SportsEngine, GoMotion, etc.), including storytelling, tone of voice, messaging, design, product and content video promos, naming/brand architecture, and innovative creative for campaigns that drive growth and engagement with our products and platforms. The role will work in close collaboration with the Marketing Strategy leaders for each of our business units and individual product brands, ensuring our creative output matches creative briefs/marketing strategy and wider business objectives.
Additionally, the Senior Director of Brand & Creative will lead marketing projects that are non-specific to individual business units or products (i.e ''portfolio'' level marketing projects as assigned by management). As part of their portfolio-level oversight, they will work to build relationships across the NBC Sports and NBCUniversal portfolio to maximize synergy opportunities and develop and orchestrate supporting marketing plans/activities for sister-division priorities including the Olympics, SuperBowl, Peacock, etc. leveraging each of our business units' marketing channels to amplify reach.
The ideal candidate is tech savvy, highly motivated, strategic, and an effective evangelist internally and externally of our brand, and is able to inspire prospects and current customers through producing creative work for complex marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate is also a creative thinker who can thrive in a data-driven company with a deep commitment to improving user experience and uncovering valuable consumer insights.
• Act as our global brand champion and ensure we deliver a compelling and consistent brand narrative across all channels
• Partner with product marketing to name new products and features and create naming conventions – and own trademark management
• Help ensure that brand values and guidelines are clear and followed across all channels.
• Protect, grow and enhance the brand - building authentic and long- lasting relationships with current customers and engaging a broader audience.
• Develop and manage consistent and dynamic brand identity, messaging and architecture across all products and platforms – this will include scalable approaches to managing voice, design, and brand pillars
• Work with Marketing Strategy leads to determine how to evaluate creative performance, and synthesize and deliver data-informed learning to stakeholders with support from data analytics resources and consumer insights teams
• Work with Marketing Strategy leads to translate top-level marketing priorities into clear brand strategy and messages including establishing the vision for continual evolution of our portfolio of brands
• Oversee and manage third party agencies and freelance staff as needed
• 12+ years of demonstrated success and subject matter expertise in brand strategy, brand marketing, and creative leadership (note: hands on design experience is not a requirement, but leading large and diverse creative teams is mandatory)
• Experience working across complex portfolio of products brands including both B2B and B2C products is desired
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
• Experience using data to steer product planning and communication initiatives
• Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate at all levels within an organization
• Strong writing acumen (ie, storytelling, messaging, brand guidelines copy)
• Sophistication in scaling creative output and prioritization of resources
• Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and feedback-driven environment