Full Time Job
Senior Director / General Manager, Universal Horror Unleashed
- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
Universal Destinations & Experiences are unique vacation destinations that are part of the NBCUniversal family. Our teams around the world create epic vacations for the entire family, delivering incredible experiences that place guests in the heart of powerful stories and adventures. No matter what your background is or where your interests lie, there is a place for you here in our Universe.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall operations of a year-round entertainment experience within a local market. Interfaces as the key Universal Destination & Experiences (UDX) representative for the business venture, including oversight of all onsite operating departments, collaboration with UDX corporate/shared service functions, and management of the tenant-landlord and other 3rd party relationships. Ensures that all aspects of team member service, guest service, safety, culture, and financial performance are maintained at the highest levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages and directs daily operation of the business with a focus on staffing, revenue and margin generation, controls, and overall financial performance. Leverage expertise at UDX finance, BAIE, sales and marketing, etc., to assist as needed with setting financial targets and meeting or exceeding those targets.
• Pre-Opening: Ensure staffing costs, pricing/revenue models, and overall operating expenses meet or exceed the business model.
• Oversees and maintains the development of Team Member culture through a positive and rewarding work environment while driving the New Ventures Vision, Mission, and Values. Ensures local programs and processes support the operational readiness and delivery of an optimal Team Member experience. Measure success through strong team member satisfaction (TSAT) performance metrics.
• Pre-Opening: Partner with HR to develop policies, a Team Member handbook, and other HR programming to ensure we are the Employer of Choice in the market.
• Oversees the operations of Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Merchandise, Venue Operations, and all supporting corporate support functions in alignment with UDX's service level standards. Ensure delivery of a seamless guest experience and measure success through strong guest satisfaction (GSAT) performance metrics.
• Pre-Opening: Oversees the development of processes to drive the delivery of extraordinary Guest experiences related to facility layout, design, vendor inputs, and daily partnership with numerous operational departments as a well-rounded experience. Coordinate and align with the Operational Compliance Team.
• Drive planning of new business opportunities, focusing on trends and changes in the market to deliver on anticipated venue growth rates. Includes collaboration with UDX Entertainment, Merchandise, and Creative teams to develop new, innovative product offerings.
• Pre-Opening: Ensure that long-range business plans allow sufficient funding to continue to refresh the product offering at the venue and achieve anticipated growth rates
• Strategically partners with local vendors for management of areas including but not limited to security, facility maintenance, and other operational functions while fostering a partnership to drive and sustain the Universal culture. Manage landlord and surrounding tenant relationships for the upward growth and development of the overall destination.
• Pre-Opening: Partner with Legal and Sourcing to identify and execute required third-party contracts across all lines of business, including staffing and other services.
• Interfaces as the key UDX representative within the local market to establish Universal culture, government and community relations, relevant local businesses, and marketing partners.
• Pre-Opening: Building relationships with local business and community partners to establish Universal as a key partner within the market.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Supervises Exempt and Non-Exempt Team Members.
• Exceptional business acumen and experience with managing third-partner and landlord relationships.
• Strong entrepreneurial skills require innovative thinking, adapting to changing markets, and independent thinking while aligning with UD&E's corporate culture.
• Experience in the hospitality industry in a senior leadership role with proven outcomes managing multiple disciplines with a strong focus on Entertainment and Food & Beverage.
• Experience supporting and integrating a culture of exceptional Guest service standards across multiple hospitality activities.
• Experience evaluating and analyzing Guest feedback and trends, driving innovations based on this feedback, and assessing the competitive market for ongoing or future development.
• Exceptional communications, organizational, and project management skills with a strong collaboration ability across multiple disciplines.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, or a related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of proven leadership experience leading large, dynamic teams in a complex, frequently changing, and multi-disciplined themed hospitality environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated operational capabilities, leading an immersive operational experience with live entertainment components highly preferred.
• This role can potentially assume additional GM responsibilities in other markets.
• Must be open to relocation and/or travel based on business needs.
• Will include weekend/holiday hours based on business needs.
• Bi-lingual – English and Spanish are preferred.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8npxk-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.