Marketing Manager, One Platform Marketing
New York, NY
Senior Analyst, Cross-Platform Insights and Analytics
The NBCUniversal Entertainment Networks Cross-Platform Insights and Analytics team is looking for a Senior Analyst who will leverage various data sources to develop insights, highlights and forecasts in support of NBCU Broadcast and Cable entertainment content across a variety of networks including NBC, Bravo, E!, Oxygen, SYFY, USA and Universal Kids .
The person in this role will report directly to the Director, Cross-Platform Insights & Analytics but will work across the larger team in support of team leadership, Content, Finance, Program Planning, Marketing and Press & Publicity. In the increasingly fragmented media landscape of today and the future, the ideal candidate will play an essential, forward-thinking role in helping our networks connect quality content with the target audience on a variety of platforms.
Ideal applicant will be data driven, strategic thinker and a strong writer; will possess relevant experience, a passion for media research, and enthusiasm for media/entertainment across all screens.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Assist NBCU Entertainment Networks research team in all aspects of quantitative analysis
• Leverage various data sources (i.e., Nielsen, Rentrak, ComScore, Adobe/Omniture) to produce impactful reports and insights around brand performance, content opportunities, viewing behavior and landscape trends
• Assist in creation of presentations designed for educating leadership and large client base
• Work with team to generate forecasts (with strategic point of view) and pacing reports
• 1+ years of Media research experience at a broadcast or cable network, streaming service, agency, or vendor
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• Expertise working with Nielsen tools (e.g. NPOWER, Total Content Ratings, etc.)
• Well versed in Microsoft Office applications with significant experience working with Excel and PowerPoint.
• Level of expertise in working with large datasets and data management/visualization tools (i.e., Tableau, Domo, Power BI)
• Strong quantitative skills, including both analytical abilities as well as math proficiency
• Ability to identify, distill, and articulate clear and actionable brand stories, insights and recommendations from a variety of data points and sources
• Passion for the television entertainment business and deep knowledge of the competitive media landscape
Other desirable skills:
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong problem-solving abilities are crucial
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.