Division: Global Ad Sales
Position: Research Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Global Research
Location: Central St. Giles, London
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are looking for an engaging and dynamic individual to be an integral part of the commercial EMEA team based in London and to be part of the wider global research team with NBCU Global Partnerships to work closely alongside counterparts in the US and APAC
The Research Manager will support Directors and Measurement Leads across the US, EMEA and APAC in delivering NBCU linear TV, streaming and digital data primarily to the International Advertising Sales and Partnerships Team based in London. They will also support broader research and insight projects on an ad hoc basis to different departments in the NBCU Advertising Sales business. The Research Manager role, based in London, will initially report to the Senior Director of Global Research.
• To be the main research contact for the EMEA Advertising Sales and Partnerships team, providing them with best-in-class insights that help size and demonstrate the value of our audiences to key clients and media agencies
• Deliver insights and recommendations regarding digital performance for client campaigns across the NBCU portfolio. This requires working across the business to understand data for linear, digital display, video, social, and branded content
• Responsible for the smooth running of the Global Partnerships Research response to RFP process in EMEA, ensuring the timely delivery of data to internal sales team
• Analysis and interpretation of TV and digital syndicated data and management of custom effectiveness research projects within the department
• Analysis of syndicated surveys and web analytics tools e.g. Ipsos Affluent Surveys, Globalwebindex, Adobe Analytics
• Production and delivery of internal and external dashboards for key clients and stakeholders
• Attend external meetings with clients / agencies delivering research presentations, reports and insights to external stakeholders
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• Previous experience in a media owner role, ideally in international media
• Knowledge of the stages of the research process from questionnaire design, data analysis and creating a compelling story essential
• Experience of working with Crosstab software such as IMS or Telmar required
• Knowledge and experience in dashboarding and data visualisation (e.g. Tableau)
• Knowledge of a wide range of digital analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and DFP
• Ability to analyse and interpret data and communicate key findings to internal and external stakeholders
• Analytical, with a creative approach to research and data interpretation
• Self-motivated, organised and prepared to work under pressure
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• High degree of numeracy and literacy
• Strong PC skills, including Excel (e.g. Macros, PivotTables) and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of SPSS and statistical techniques desired but not essential
• Ability to meet deadlines and juggle various tasks/projects
• Curiosity and a willingness to expand and learn new skills and ideas
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwy36k-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.