At NBC Sports Next we're fueled by our mission to innovate, create larger-than-life events and connect with sports fans through technology that provides the ultimate in immersive experiences.
Come join us as we work together as one team to innovate and deliver what's Next. Betting, Gaming & Emerging Media includes sports betting, prediction and gaming resources for sports and video game connoisseurs. NBC Sports EDGE, (formerly Rotoworld) NBC Sports Predictor and NBC Sports Audio feature sports news, analysis, fantasy sports and premium content to immerse sports fanatics in a whole new way.
The Quality Engineer II is responsible for test planning, design, creation, execution and automation for various NBC Sports EDGE applications and subsystems.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer II you will;
• Perform software quality engineering, including black box testing, white box testing, user acceptance testing, and maintenance regression testing
• Evaluate testing and inspection plans for projects of varying technology, complexity, and size
• Develop and document test scripts, test cases, defect tracking and reports
• Work independently and own quality for business initiatives
• Create and maintain manual and/or automated test maintenance scripts, test data, and other deliverables related to the software quality assurance (SQA) process
• Review log files and other run-time documentation for defects and issues
• Under direction of product management, participate in user acceptance testing
• Perform maintenance regression testing
• Work with development teams to support and implement applications
• Apply interest in both front end and API level testing, and interest in understanding the full picture of how each layer – front end, backend, data storage – interacts to make a software product work
• Perform validations and trouble shooting at a database level, primarily SQL and Mongo
• 2+ years of experience in QA Engineering.
• Working SQL knowledge
• A passion for technology trends and all things related to testing
• Curiosity in how things work and a love of breaking things
• A positive team player approach with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• A hunter mindset, wanting to dig for details and be exploratory rather than expecting to be delivered complete requirements
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3yj0q-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.