Senior Data Engineer
As a QA Engineer you will...
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members such as UX designers, Product, and Software engineers to determine effective testing strategies and techniques
• Support and contribute to Quality Engineering strategic initiatives that ensure the SportsEngine platform is modern, fast, and delightful to work with
• Collaborate with quality and software engineers through analysis, code reviews and pair programming
• Integrate with an engineering team that delivers new working code daily in an agile development environment while advocating for quality
• Manually test web applications for a variety of browsers and platforms including desktop, tablet, and mobile environments using methods such as negative testing, regression and exploratory testing
• Identify opportunities for automation and contribute to API and UI test automation suites with support from other Quality engineers utilizing best practices
• Champion the customer's perspective in discussions regarding requirements and design of our products
• Evaluate system changes by level of risk with a clear understanding of how to mitigate high risk deployments
• Organize and lead Quality Review sessions to collaborate with stakeholders and build confidence in releases
• Be familiar with your team's defect backlog and communicate regularly with stakeholders to determine priorities and tradeoffs.
• Familiar with software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
• You're interested in learning new languages and technologies. For API Integration Tests we use Ruby and Rspec and we leverage Ruby powered, Selenium driven, Capybara expectations for Selenium UI Tests
• Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
• Effective in a highly collaborative cross functional team environment
• Shares and receives feedback in a thoughtful, honest, and respectful way. Leverages feedback to continually improve
• Excellent attention to detail, thoroughness, accuracy and focus
• Demonstrated capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
Additional Job Requirements
(note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in Minneapolis, MN
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Experience testing web applications for a variety of browsers and platforms including desktop, tablet, and mobile environments.
• Experience in a continuous delivery environment
• Experience with GitHub and Jira
• Coding skills are awesome, but not required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1104e-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.