Full Time Job
Promotions - Special Projects Producer- NBC Ct
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Promotions-Special Projects Producer is responsible for writing creative copy, editing videos, and making graphics for NBC Connecticut and Telemundo Connecticut promotional campaigns. The Promotions- Special Projects Producer will collaborate cross-departmentally to expand our promotional value via linear and non-linear platforms, including social media, over-the-top media, community initiative and lifestyle programming.
In addition to creating memorable promotions for the station's marketing, the Promotions-Special Projects Producer will also help execute station events and corporate tentpole programs to achieve positive and productive relations between the duopoly and the community. Responsibilities of this position include planning and coordinating with the News Department, talent participation, and news coverage for all events to serve and advance the stations' community brand. The position will also work directly with members of the public and specific community groups.
• Develop and produce strong creative marketing ideas that are primarily TV focused, but are inclusive of our overall multi-platform objectives, including digital & OTT efforts.
• Coordinate and produce station PSAs – e.g. Community Connection updates, division initiatives like Clear the Shelters, Supporting Our Schools etc.
• Assist NBC Connecticut's lifestyle & entertainment show, ''CT Live!'' with content idea generation & effective production strategy and execution.
• Edit proficiently in Adobe Creative Suite programs (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
• Direct, develop, and coordinate NBC Connecticut and Telemundo Connecticut's relations with local communities in the DMA. Coordinate and execute strategies and programs to achieve positive and productive relations between duopoly and the community. Ensures planning and scheduling is coordinated with News for talent participation and news coverage for all events.
• Act as liaison staff member with affiliated community organizations. Promote station's programs and image through personal contact with business, industry, and community leaders.
• Manage the stations' ''Snow Monster'' vehicle appearances. Work directly with NBC and Telemundo Connecticut meteorologists school appearances. Schedule and travel to local events, lead logistics and on-site activation. Primary lead for Snow Monster merchandise.
• Produce content for social media platforms following digital industry trends (IG, Twitter, FB, TikTok)
• Collaborate with Creative Services team on creation long form content and oversee certain aspects of show production.
• Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 2 years' experience writing, producing, and editing video for image & topical promotions and participating in station community events.
• Experience in social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and Twitter.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a Creative Services department writing, producing, and editing video for image & topical promotions and participating in station community events.
• Exhibit highly conceptual thinking and writing skills. Must be a good storyteller.
• ''Hands-on'' knowledge of promo editorial process from beginning to end.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and achieve quality results consistently
• Demonstrated excellence in communication and writing skills
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
• Superior organizational skills
• Sharp attention to detail
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to work at the location in West Hartford, CT.
• Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends. Must be available to work on some nights and weekends.
• Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes lifting and carrying remote location equipment (pop up tents, boxes of promotional material, etc.) ranging from 15 pounds to 30 pounds
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r10mbv-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.