• Setup control and monitor television broadcasting equipment to transmit television programs and station breaks to the viewing audience.
• Maintain program logs to ascertain the name of programs/station breaks, and at what time programs/station breaks are scheduled to air.
• Ingest commercials, programs and other program materials into the station automation system.
• Operate station automation equipment. Perform minor computer troubleshooting and diagnostics.
• Utilize video waveform and vector scope monitors to adjust signal quality.
• Observe on-air monitors to ascertain problems with transmission, such as loss of audio/video signals and report any problems to the appropriate Technology staff.
• Perform minor equipment troubleshooting, observe transmitter performance to help determine cause and area of problems and inform engineering personnel.
• Record onto television programming logs actual time programs/station breaks air.
• Prepare discrepancy reports describing problems encountered during transmission of programs/station breaks and reason for problems.
• May control transmitting equipment to route television program to remote broadcast sites.
Take transmitter readings and enter data onto transmitter logs.
• Assist with the production of local news, promotions and commercial programming.
• Occasionally assist with facility maintenance and Environmental Health and Safety issues.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by management
• Knowledge of video server playback and ingest.
• Ability to multi-task a must.
• Ability to work varied hours including: nights, overnights & mornings, as well as weekends.
• Candidate must be able to work under stress and tight deadlines.
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions.
• Ability to work as a team and interface with all levels to drive our news vision.
• Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community in a positive and professional level.
• A positive and motivated attitude to consistently raise the production standard
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
* Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered for this position
• 1 year experience working at a commercial television station in master control and/or ingest videotape operation or as a show technical director and/or on-line editor
• Operational knowledge of broadcast systems including (but not limited to) Broadcast Automation Systems, DVCAM, DVC-Pro and Beta VTRs, DG Systems.
• Experience with multi channel automation systems and playlist manipulation. Florical automation a plus.
• Experience with Non Linear editing systems including Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Edius a plus
• Ability to recognize and execute appropriate emergency recovery procedures to preserve on-air integrity.
• Excellent organizational skills, good verbal and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills (PC & MAC)
• Possess strong troubleshooting and process skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kq47-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.