Remote / Virtual
The Production Manager position reports to the Sr. Director of Golf Operations and will be responsible for managing NBC Sports & NBC Sports Network production projects in any of the three areas: On-site, home base and studio.
• Act as an effective communication conduit between Remote Operations Management and the Production teams
• The Production Manager coordinates with arena / stadium / and or tournament personnel regarding mobile unit arrival and schedule
• Coordinates generator needs, equipment levels, internet needs, credentials, logistics such as compound set-up, security, catering, transportation, flight and hotel adjustments and reports crew logs; hires and partners with payroll for paying all support crews
• The Production Manager works closely with Production and Talent and with the show's Technical Manager
• The Production Manager will also work closely with the Technical Manager with various show vendors such as specialty cameras
• The Production Manager manages within the show's budget in coordination with the show's Producer and Finance. This includes ensuring all costs are accounted for and bills are paid.
• The Production Manager executes and publishes the show's Production Memo which includes that show's logistics
• The Production Manager books the traveling crews' flights, rental cars and hotel reservations
• When in the studio the Production Manager manages the studio shows' crew schedule and provides supports for Production and Talent needs; he/she works closely with studio Technical Managers
• Bachelor's degree in communications, business or a related field
• Minimum of 7 years' experience working on a production or related projects
• Proven understanding of the production process (start to finish) involved in Sports Television
• Proven knowledge of equipment and the equipment process as well as all procedures that are needed for various production projects
• Must have a proven ability to work effectively with persons at all levels within the internal organization and with those outside of the organization
• Must be willing to learn internal systems.
• Willingness to travel, work late and across weekends, at times with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to handle multiple production projects at one time
• Must be flexible with last minute assignments as well as assignment changes
• Able to effectively and quickly problem solve and handle stressful and time sensitive situations during the production process