VP, Production Finance
Universal City, CA
Universal Studio Group (USG) is a newly formed division of NBCUniversal, poised to be the leading provider of domestic and global premium content for internal and external platforms. USG houses Universal Television, Universal Content Productions, Universal Television Alternative, and International Studios.
Universal Studio Group is hiring a Production Finance Associate to enhance our robust studio team. We seek a high-performing, motivated, conscientious professional who exhibits strong production accounting skills. You will be a part of a dynamic and creative Production Finance team working directly with our production business units in the planning, financial administration and production of first class television programming. The successful candidate should emphasize cross-functional collaboration with all business partners for process improvements and efficiencies, along with partnering closely with our internal teams, such as Production, Finance, Business Affairs, Legal, Post, Programming, etc. One must have a strong knowledge of entertainment industry production accounting and reporting. They should be self-motivated, proactive, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail.
• Administer the financial on-boarding and off-boarding process for the various productions including performing pre-production, post and wrap accounting inclusive of reporting, payroll, A/P, petty cash, journal entries, p-card activity and collection of receivables & deposits. Other periodic activates include supporting the Production Finance Executive with studio breakage and recoupments, check deposits, cost allocations, initiating foreign wire requests, etc.
• Champion evolving technologies and determine how to incorporate them into production finance workflows.
• Schedule and coordinate initial finance kick-off and ongoing meetings for the various productions.
• Communicate with Production Finance Executives and keep them abreast of any finance, production and accounting related issues.
• Create, update and proactively maintain production finance documents and resources.
• Serve as a bridge between freelance accounting departments and the studio to ensure both sides receive pertinent updates in a timely manner.
• Finalize episodic cost reporting and perform final close procedures to ensure external and internal accounting records reconcile. This includes resolve any outstanding issues (including escheatments), management of documentation for retention and performing final closure of production ledgers.
• Research and outreach to potential production locations, accounting crew hires and facilities globally.
• Support ad hoc projects, training & development initiatives.
• Bachler's Degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years of film and/or television industry production finance or production accounting experience preferred
• Working experience with Excel and other Microsoft / Apple products
• Advanced knowledge of Vista, PSL, or Ease programs
• SAP experience, preferred but not required
• Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work extended hours if needed
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels, including upper management
• Robust understanding of payroll and A/P process, Candidates are required to be highly analytical, as well as strong effective communicators
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• High level of academic curiosity
• Exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Ability to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oe9y-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.